Author Topic: Having trouble getting Windows to detect my Digispark.  (Read 3261 times)

Zenius

Having trouble getting Windows to detect my Digispark.
« on: December 14, 2017, 12:59:18 pm »
Hi there, just bought my digispark and super excited.

I'm having trouble getting my computer to recognize there's even a device being connected. The issue isn't with drivers or arduino IDE, I followed the steps very carefully (yes, arduino ide upload mode doesn't detect either, yes the options are all set to proper values). My computer literally isn't detecting a new device has connected, or any device has connected which means this is before drivers and everything in that sorts.

I'm running Windows 10 Pro for reference and have been trying to fix this issue for the past hour. Another thing, when I plug in my Digispark, a red LED starts shining but unlike some documents I saw, it does not blink after 5 seconds, it just stays on as long as the device is connected. Thanks in advance.

mehulhirpara

Re: Having trouble getting Windows to detect my Digispark.
« Reply #1 on: December 16, 2017, 10:20:50 pm »
This video guidelines should help you - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MmDBvgrYGZs

atkulp

« Reply #2 on: December 22, 2017, 08:50:31 pm »
I can't get mine recognized either, and the video doesn't help.  I've installed the drivers already, but it's like Windows doesn't see it at all.  There's no "device arrival" chime from Windows, and no Unrecognized Device in Device Manager.  The Digispark lights up when it's plugged in, so it's not just dead.  It's a Rev. 2 (Kickstarter edition).  I know it used to work.  I took it out of storage for a new idea I had and I'm just stuck.  Anything else I can check?

henry42

« Reply #3 on: December 23, 2017, 01:34:18 am »
I can't get mine recognized either, and the video doesn't help.  I've installed the drivers already, but it's like Windows doesn't see it at all.  There's no "device arrival" chime from Windows, and no Unrecognized Device in Device Manager.  The Digispark lights up when it's plugged in, so it's not just dead.  It's a Rev. 2 (Kickstarter edition).  I know it used to work.  I took it out of storage for a new idea I had and I'm just stuck.  Anything else I can check?
Have a look at http://digistump.com/board/index.php/topic,2827.0.html .
You'd better try usb extension line as many as you can, the worser the better ...

atkulp

« Reply #4 on: December 24, 2017, 02:09:27 pm »
It works.  It just doesn't support direct connection to the laptop,  With a mini pigtail USB extender it works now.  Thanks!