Author Topic: Digispark BadUSB (Fitting into USB case)  (Read 1822 times)

Ninjitsu

Digispark BadUSB (Fitting into USB case)
« on: October 16, 2019, 02:06:24 am »
Hi All,

So I recently picked up a couple of Digisparks and started making some BadUSB's (I am studying penetration testing and thought it was a cool project). I wanted to be able to make these devices look inconspicuous by gutting out a USB and placing the Digispark board inside.

The first issue I had was that my laptop does not recognize the board if plugged directly in so the case would need to be able to fit an adapter as well to make it look like a regular USB. My first question is whether or not it is a good idea to solder a USB male and female connector directly together in order to make the shortest possible adapter? My second question is whether anyone has successfully fit these into any USB cases before (preferably a branded one that is quite easy to get a hold of) or maybe if there was a way to make the USB adapter even shorter so that the board would fit into most cases without a problem?

There is so much info out there on making these BadUSB's but not much in the way of making them indistinguishable from a regular flash drive.

TIA