Author Topic: SK6812 LED  (Read 4800 times)

alanwang1

SK6812 LED
« on: June 12, 2015, 07:35:49 am »
Recently,I have some SK6812 LED,I have the datasheet of the LED, i want to make my controller to control it , if there are anybody have the fastspi code of it?

dgarcia42

Re: SK6812 LED
« Reply #1 on: August 08, 2015, 12:02:12 am »
From the datasheet it looks like a WS2812 clone, so you should be able to just set the led type to WS2812 w/FastLED to use it.

emardee

Re: SK6812 LED
« Reply #2 on: November 18, 2015, 06:45:11 am »
Original posting looks a bit spammy to me.... (virtually identical posting on heaps of forums, with same website link, and never any followup when people reply.)

Shame, as I only know this because I am looking for the same info, and Google keeps finding the same question above on heaps of forums!

It would appear there are several types of SK6812 available.  I suspect the RGB stuff just works with standard WS2812 code.... however I bought the four channel RGBW version of SK6812! Really looking forward to working out how to control it with my Oaks (when they arrive soon!). Seems they just use a 32bit stream per pixel instead of 24bit for RGB version.

Hopefully there will be some code out there to use... or failing that something I can tweak to make work.... surely can't be too difficult to add an extra channel into the mix!

If my plan works, I'll be able to control two RGBW strips from each Oak (with a level shifter shield).

Mike