Author Topic: Digispark + Vibration Motor, what to order?  (Read 2691 times)

psteinweber

Digispark + Vibration Motor, what to order?
« on: December 23, 2012, 02:25:27 pm »
Hi there,

warning, noob here. I'm tinkering around with an Arduino Lilypad at the moment. Babysteps. But for my project I need something smaller, so I found the Digispark which looks great!
I'm about to order a bunch, but want to make sure I don't forget any essentials. Especially after I found out about the shields (which are not essential when using Lilypad).

What I want to to: switching on and off a small vibration motor. With the Lilypad I just connect this https://www.sparkfun.com/products/11008? - nothing needed "in-between".
* Can I connect that also directly to the Digispark or do I need a motor shield?
* Does the shield add height?
* Can I connect also other vibration motors from the electronic supplier?

Would be really great I someone could help me to find out what to order. Thanks,
Philipp
« Last Edit: December 23, 2012, 02:25:27 pm by psteinweber »

digistump

• Administrator
Digispark + Vibration Motor, what to order?
« Reply #1 on: December 23, 2012, 05:00:27 pm »
To kick it off - philip you could run the lillypad vibe board directly form a digispark because the vibe board has current limiting resistors built in.

To run another vibrating motor you\'d need to add those resistors or you\'d fry the digispark.

In your email you mentioned running it off a battery - if that battery voltage is under 4.5v you\'d need a boost shield (which more than doubles the size of the Digispark) to run the Digispark off of it (Digispare requires 4.5+v otherwise