Author Topic: DigiCDC "Echo" example compile issue, and terminal emulator setup?  (Read 189 times)

DuinoSoar

Hello.

While compiling ("Verifying") the DigiCDC "Echo" example, I got the error (replaced the base part of the file path with "..."):

Error while detecting libraries included by ...\AppData\Local\Arduino15\packages\digistump\hardware\avr\1.6.7\libraries\DigisparkCDC\usbdrvasm.S

Is there something I need to do to fix the above error?

In spite of this error, the compilation seemed to complete, anyway, and reported the amount of space used/remaining, etc.  So I tried "uploading", the program to the DigiSpark, and when it started running, Windows 10 reported a USB device error:

USB device not recognized The last USB device you connected to this computer malfunctioned, and Windows does not recognize it.

I tried unplugging and re-plugging DigiSpark from/to USB and, after the 5-second bootloader timeout, got the same error.  I already installed the DigiStump drivers in Windows 10.  Is there another Windows driver that I must install for DigiCDC?

Also, perhaps I missed it, but I did not see anywhere, how a terminal emulator (or, for that matter, Arduino IDE Serial Monitor) should be set up to communicate serially with the DigiSpark over USB/CDC?  What baud rate and bit protocol should be used on the PC side?  (I understand that the DigiSpark CDC library does not need a baud rate, but I am asking about the PC side setup.)

Is there a more detailed reference or user documentation somewhere for DigiCDC, including a list of all API calls, etc., and how to set up the serial communication on "the other side" (i.e. the device or terminal with which DigiCDC is communicating)?

I would really like to get this working, as i have a project in mind to use it.

[Just edited the above.  I just today noticed the "Modify" button near the top of my posts, so I fixed this one and deleted the other two "replies" that I posted yesterday.]

Thanks and best regards,
   DuinoSoar.
« Last Edit: July 18, 2019, 12:43:59 pm by DuinoSoar »