Author Topic: Digispark looses program after power cycle  (Read 1330 times)

CFStorm

Digispark looses program after power cycle
« on: January 06, 2019, 02:53:33 pm »
Now I know the ATTINY85 has non volatile flash, meaning it doesn't need power to retain what's in it's memory. However, I program my digispark in the Arduino IDE and everything works properly and the code begins to execute, but after I power cycle the digispark (un plug and replug) the code no longer executes. I know there is a 5 second delay and still nothing after those five seconds. I've also tried three different computers.

Any ideas?

Thanks

granzeier

Re: Digispark looses program after power cycle
« Reply #1 on: January 07, 2019, 10:33:05 am »
What, exactly, is the code doing? And, do you have any circuitry connected to the Digispark?
This will help us to narrow it down.

(If no one else answers, do not think that I am AWOL, I go in for surgery tomorrow morning - I will reply, if we still have the issue, when I get back next week.)

fvsqlc

« Reply #2 on: January 08, 2019, 05:19:03 am »
I also have this issue, I can use any programming even the Default for Digispark Keyboard.

When Uploading I do not receive any errors and the script kicks off and does as expected.

However if I unplug the DigiSpark and reinsert (That PC or any other) nothing happens, I can only get it to work again by re-uploading.

:-[

Ricardo Reyes

« Reply #3 on: January 27, 2019, 10:09:05 pm »
hello: I have the same problem, when I disconnect the USB cable and reconnect it the code does not work anymore.

deHarry

« Reply #4 on: February 02, 2019, 01:26:19 pm »
Hi!
Did all of you wait these magic 5 bootloader seconds? (I assume you did, but just for sure...)

Harry

CFStorm

« Reply #5 on: February 12, 2019, 08:16:04 am »
Yes, I've waited the five seconds. Also, the code I've tried is just the example digikeyboard sketch. I've also tried a basic blink sketch. Both work fine... Until it's unplugged. No circuity is connected. Thanks for any suggestions.

deHarry

« Reply #6 on: February 12, 2019, 09:00:30 am »
I have no guess what could be the reason for this behavior.
I had other issues with DigiSparks, but nothing like this.

One of my Digisparks obviously hadn't set the "self programming" fuse. The result was, micronucleus says, the download was successful, but the code didn't arrive in the chip.
This vanished after I set the corresponding fuse with avrdude.

This the best resemblance to the isssue you encounter, but not exactly.
So, no clue from me, sorry.

Harry

zakdoek

« Reply #7 on: April 21, 2019, 12:09:07 pm »
Bumping this question because i'm experiencing the exact same thing. Has anyone found a sollution yet?  :'(

pck

« Reply #8 on: May 09, 2019, 07:18:53 am »