Author Topic: about manually setting SSID  (Read 194 times)

medico6601

about manually setting SSID
« on: October 04, 2017, 09:41:12 am »
Hi there, My name's Thurner เล่นคาสิโนบนมือถือ

I have had so many headaches trying to switch the AP over using the current method of going to an external website then connecting to the acorn SSID and trying to configure it that way.  It fails and I have to use my iphone and the password is never saved so I have to type it out a dozen times.

I would imagine there must be an API that can be accessed via a GET or POST command to configure the SSID/PW directly without going through the external website.  Is this info published anywhere?

Thanks in advance

PeterF

Re: about manually setting SSID
« Reply #1 on: October 06, 2017, 02:50:24 am »
There is, but I don't think it's as easy as just specifying the SSID and PW... I think you need to supply the security mode, the SSID, and the password (public key and hex encoded). malarie put some scripts back a while ago when we were fiddling with the local server stuff... and one of them was able to configure the oak wifi (when on a raspberry pi that was connected to the oaks access point). That might give you some ideas... https://github.com/malaire/oak-with-rpi-server/blob/master/oak-set-wifi.pl.

Ah, I knew I'd seem some documentation as to the protocols before... The 'internal' URLs are documented here,  and (more importantly!) the SoftAP protocol is documented here.