Author Topic: Keyboard and mouse at the same time  (Read 2058 times)

Fardenco

Keyboard and mouse at the same time
« on: February 18, 2017, 04:58:34 pm »
Hi everyone,
I'm looking for a solution that would allow me to emulate a keyboard AND a mouse at the same time.
Do you have any suggestion ?

weaverdr

Re: Keyboard and mouse at the same time
« Reply #1 on: June 18, 2017, 08:59:08 pm »
The short story:  I have it – ported it from TrinketHidCombo and DigisparkKeyboard.
The full story: I wanted a good IR receiver for my HTPC running KODI – something compatible with the other components. First I tried purchasing a popular commercial one. It lacked mouse capability I wanted for some internet sites and wasn’t very reliable. So I decided to build one. My first one was a combination of a Digispark for its USB and a PIC24HJ32GP202 for its speed and memory with input capture and pin count a plus. Works great on every system I have plugged it into. The use of two devices necessitates  more parts and more wiring, however, then would a single chip solution. So I decided to port it to the Digispark Pro. That also works but only if plugged into any USB 3.0 connection or a newer system’s 2.0 port. A quick trial and I confirmed the DigisparkKeyboard example works the same. I don’t currently know if this is something to do with the device or the newer USB library. All I know is MS Windows 10 refers to it as an “unrecognized USB device” when plugged into an older system’s 2.0 USB port.