Author Topic: Change Baudrate on the Digispark  (Read 338 times)

Coto

Change Baudrate on the Digispark
« on: April 19, 2017, 01:38:36 pm »
Hi,

What is the default baudrate for the Digispark? Also, is there a way to change to change that, in order to make my Digispark perform keyboard automations etc. quicker?

Thanks,

Coto

PeterF

Re: Change Baudrate on the Digispark
« Reply #1 on: April 19, 2017, 05:49:48 pm »
Baud rate? It is a USB HID (Human Interface Device) connection, not a serial connection, that the Digispark uses to do the mouse/keyboard interaction.

Anyway, I'm afraid that I can't answer that question... I don't know enough about the USB HID / vUSB / DigiKeyboard stuff to know what the bottlenecks and limitations are. Hopefully someone else can assist here.

Ralf

Re: Change Baudrate on the Digispark
« Reply #2 on: April 22, 2017, 01:16:25 am »
Hi,

are we talking about using the digispark for a (virtual) serial comport or a (virtual) keyboard?

As far as I know, using the digispark as a virtual USB comport, the baudrate is adapted automatically by the driver on the PC. When you start a terminal on the PC and choose some baudrate, the PC driver will adapt to it.

Talking about the (virtual) digispark keyboard: there is no baudrate.

The software USB emulation keeps the digispark very busy. He is doing as fast as he can. If it is too slow for you, you must choose a microprocessor with a hardware USB unit, for example the Arduino Micro. They are much faster and more reliable.

Ralf