Author Topic: Flashes going bad?  (Read 1300 times)

postuma

Flashes going bad?
« on: April 08, 2017, 08:18:21 am »
My flashes today seem to be going bad, consistently. Wondering if I have somehow corrupted my install? Or are others experiencing the same issue? Another Particle OTA problem?

Specifically: after flashing an Oak it won't accept a second flash - light blinks for a few seconds then goes to the triple-blink ready pattern, and eventually the IDE returns "Error : Oak is back online before flash sucessfull."

This happens even when I switch out Oaks to other previously-known-good Oaks, and even with nothing else connected, and using the Blink sketch. I've also switched out power supplies, & verified their output.

PeterF

Re: Flashes going bad?
« Reply #1 on: April 08, 2017, 08:18:59 pm »
I'm having trouble reproducing this... I just flashed the blink sketch 6 times in a row... simply changing the blink delay between each successive flash, and all be the second flash was successful... for that second one, I got a failed flash, but I simply flashed it again without issue. Note that I never disconnected the power after plugging it for the first 'update'... so there was no power cycling between uploads or anything. If you think it could be something in your install, see if you have any luck with Particle Build... as that shouldn't be affected ;)

As a side note, I've just noticed the particle logs no longer say that FastOTA updates have failed... instead there is no completion message at all. At least that should prevent some confusion in future as to why a failure is actually a success! ;)