Author Topic: How to program Oak when using with local server?  (Read 2977 times)

PeterF

Re: How to program Oak when using with local server?
« Reply #15 on: January 20, 2017, 04:54:35 am »
That sounds great Erik... looking forward to seeing this up and running! ;)

malaire

« Reply #16 on: February 21, 2017, 10:03:58 pm »
Any news about new local server?

mikekgr

« Reply #17 on: March 14, 2017, 12:41:37 pm »
any update???

Solice

« Reply #18 on: May 03, 2017, 07:22:41 am »
I hope things are going well.

JeffRand

« Reply #19 on: July 12, 2017, 05:26:25 am »
Thank you all for the feedback - I'm working on a new local server and firmware to go with it, it is about 75% done and based heavily on some contract work I've done over the last 6 months - I hope to finish it late this week or early next.
Well, it has only been six months since Erik said it would be finished.... heaven help those BuildOne fools when Erik gets tired of supporting them.

PeterF

« Reply #20 on: July 13, 2017, 01:04:42 am »
Jeff, did you by any chance read the kickstarter update from a month ago for the Oak? Erik hasn't forgotten... it's just he has to focus on getting the BuildOne out of the way in order to keep the money coming in! :-O Particularly, this snippet:

What Next - Over the next few weeks I'll be cleaning up the code that is written so far, both for the server and Oak end of things, and uploading it all to Github. From there I will work on it whenever time allows and open it up to anyone else who wants to contribute or try it out.

I'm not making any timeline promises at this point, because I will also be working with the BuildOne team to get our printer into production, but the Oak remains very much in my mind, and very much something I don't want to abandon. I know from our data that there are still thousands of Oaks being used on Particle, but I want to have a alternative for new users and in case Particle support ever ceases completely.

We'll keep you updated right here as these things progress.

JeffRand

« Reply #21 on: July 13, 2017, 01:41:51 pm »
I read it. I expect people to do what they say they are going to do. He has been letting things slip, and then moving on to other projects. This is exactly why I didn't back any of his projects after the Oak. I'll be happy if he does what he says. But, I won't hold my breath.