Author Topic: Can't find Oak with OakCLI  (Read 2126 times)

AUAJ

Can't find Oak with OakCLI
« on: September 11, 2016, 04:52:07 pm »
I am trying to switch between my Oaks to upload new scripts but the OakCLI tool can't find anything. 

C:\Users\AJ\Google Drive\pics\NoOak.png

However, the Particle Dashboard shows all my Oak's, active and inactive.

C:\Users\AJ\Google Drive\pics\AllOaks.png

I don't know what happened.  This seems to have happened out of nowhere.  Any help to get them back, if you will, would be appreciated.

Please let me know if you need more information as I don't know what would be the most useful.

Thanks.

PeterF

Re: Can't find Oak with OakCLI
« Reply #1 on: September 11, 2016, 05:10:02 pm »
Hi AUAJ,

From you description, it sounds like your OakCLI is has the same problem someone else had recently, which was that either the config file has been corruptede, or OakCLI is trying to load it from the wrong place. If so, it is easily fixed, by finding the config file folder and deleting it, and letting OakCLI recreate it.

Navigate to %appdata% (windows will probably take you to AppData\Roaming), and delete the oak folder you see there... which should only contain one file... config.json. Then go up one folder (so you see Local, LocalLow? and Roaming), go into Local, and remove the oak folder if it's there too. You can then run the OakCLI program again, and it should ask you for your particle account details again. Hopefully when it logs then, your devices will show up this time!

btw, those pictures don't show up, as you've given use the links to where they are on *your* computer... not the google drive share links! I think you need to right click on them, and then look for something mentioning Google Drive and then share link... ;)

AUAJ

« Reply #2 on: September 11, 2016, 05:20:05 pm »
Thanks Peter.  That fixed it.  The search bar was giving some error but guess I need to do a better job searching for similar issues.

Good point on the links. 

PeterF

« Reply #3 on: September 12, 2016, 01:26:15 am »
No problem... it would be a hard one to search for at the best of times... ;)

Glad it's behaving. Did you by any chance update the Oak board package just before it stopped working? Just wondering if we can pin down the cause of the issue to an updated version of the OakCLI tool... as I believe the path for the config file changed somewhere between v1.0.0 and 1.0.2.