Author Topic: When will we be able to flash using Particle Build screen?  (Read 1541 times)

ScottM

When will we be able to flash using Particle Build screen?
« on: September 13, 2016, 06:47:18 pm »
When will we be able to flash code to our OAKs using the Particle Build screen? I try to flash and I see the message at the bottom "Flashing code...if it does not flash magenta, verify your code and try again.". I have never seen the code flash magenta. Eventually, all I see is "Request Timed Out" and "Flash unsuccessful."

Am I doing something wrong, or after so many months, shouldn't I expect this to work? I do have the right OAK selected using the OAKCLI tool.

PeterF

Re: When will we be able to flash using Particle Build screen?
« Reply #1 on: September 13, 2016, 11:27:47 pm »
I haven't tried recently, as the last time(s) I tried it, it uploaded to the Oak and bricked it, so I had to recover them via serial update. However, it has been a month or so, so I'll try again.

The reference to magenta is in relation to Particle's own hardware - they have RGB leds on them for status... so they do cyan heartbeats, magenta error flashes, etc.

However, until there is an official announcement, I'd put it in the 'coming soon' basket still...
« Last Edit: September 14, 2016, 04:05:27 pm by PeterF »

ScottM

Re: When will we be able to flash using Particle Build screen?
« Reply #2 on: September 14, 2016, 05:06:09 am »
Thanks Peter.