Author Topic: Anyone interested in support for 102-key keyboards ?  (Read 2324 times)

michael_x

Anyone interested in support for 102-key keyboards ?
« on: August 29, 2016, 11:58:12 am »
I enhanced the DigisparkKeyboard library a bit, such that it supports a non-US keyboard, especially when using print/write.
As my use case, I explicitly added a German keyboard, which can be easily replaced by any other.

One problem was, that such keyboards have an extra key bottom left, which shrinks the left shift key, and is usually used for < >. Thus a simple replacement in the ascii_to_scan_code_table was not sufficient.
The other problem is the use of more than two uses of a key, controlled by either Shift or Alt-Gr modifier.

I did not enlarge this ascii_to_scan_code_table, so texts containing non-ascii characters still cannot be simply "printed". Such characters still need the proper sendKeyStroke() calls.

Anyone interested? Is there a garbage bin, where to store and search for such individual enhancements?
What's the recommended procedure?

TimBirdy

Re: Anyone interested in support for 102-key keyboards ?
« Reply #1 on: September 18, 2016, 11:00:18 am »
Could you please send me your version of the DigiKeyboard library. I also had my problems with the German vs US layout. Thanks

SpaceBoris

Re: Anyone interested in support for 102-key keyboards ?
« Reply #2 on: December 23, 2016, 02:04:57 pm »
I too would be very interested in this code. I'm struggling with trying to implement a non-US layout myself.