Author Topic: Error Occurred while Flashing Device  (Read 10726 times)

jens0771

Re: Error Occurred while Flashing Device
« Reply #30 on: July 22, 2016, 07:02:54 pm »
I'm still having issues. I'm on IDE 1.6.9 and it spits out:

Code: [Select]
OakCLI tool version 1.0.2
Using config file at: /Users/Animal/Library/Preferences/oak/config.json
Sending file to cloud, to flash A1 (Device ID: **device id removed**)

Error : An error occurred while flashing the device:

Particle Log says the flash failed and I've noticed it happens right as the log says the oak has gone offline.

Any ideas?

PeterF

« Reply #31 on: July 22, 2016, 08:43:43 pm »
Particle saying the firmware update has failed is ok, as it is quite contradictory atm. If it says it fails, it usually worked, and if it says it worked, it has usually failed. Output from the upload process (ie. OakCLI) is generally accurate. Regardless, looks like it didn't behave.

If you did the system firmware update on your Oak before the 9th of July, try doing it again now that you have the usb-serial adapter - will be much more painless if you just do it that way. Make sure you also update the Oak board package on your Arduino to the newer 1.0.5. Hopefully that will fix everything up! Or not! :-O

jens0771

« Reply #32 on: July 23, 2016, 09:28:08 am »
One of my Oaks is working fine now after redoing all that. The one I've had problems with from the beginning is still having problems. Not sure why one can be re-flashed and connected flawlessly while the other has never connected to particle.

PeterF

« Reply #33 on: July 24, 2016, 06:02:01 pm »
If you're having one consistently behaving, maybe it's a dud... there has been the odd one. So does it just refuse to do OTA programming, or has it never turned up on Particle? (meaning it hasn't successfully claimed).

And just for the same of clarity, I probably also should have been clear before about the reason for updating the system firmware again if done before the 9th of July - the firmware file on the digistump server was updated on that day, to give the matching OakCore version to the 1.0.5 board package, which fixes the offline/online looping issue.

jens0771

« Reply #34 on: July 27, 2016, 07:02:06 pm »
This particular Oak has never shown up on Particle. After saving the wifi & password to the device, then "reconnect to your local wifi", the Oak never has worked.

PeterF

« Reply #35 on: July 27, 2016, 08:14:05 pm »
Ok, beautiful (sort of)! That sounds fixable.

You should be able to put the Oak back into safe/config mode (although I seem to think it stays in config mode until the first program is loaded). Connect to it's access point, and instead of using softap to configure it, navigate to http://192.168.0.1/device-id in a web browser. It should respond with a device ID, and the claim staus ('c"). If it says 0, it means the Oak wasn't claimed (linked to your Particle account). It it says '1', it should have been, so is a problem I don't know how to resolve.

If it says it hasn't been claimed ("c:":0), you can go through the manual claim process documented on the wiki. You basically go to the Particle Build IDE, and add a device to your account by entering the deviceID.

Hope that fixes that Oak up for you!