Author Topic: Can't Connect to new Oak  (Read 1680 times)

sthanh

Can't Connect to new Oak
« on: July 24, 2016, 06:38:23 am »
Hi all,
I just got a new Oak. I tried to follow the instruction but after trying both online and Oak tool to connect to the unit, I keep receiving this error after connect to the ACORN-xxxx. "Unable to connect to your Oak, please ensure you are connected to the Oak's network and retry.".   Never able to get to the scan wifi page.
Any suggestions on how to fix this?

Thanks!

PeterF

Re: Can't Connect to new Oak
« Reply #1 on: July 24, 2016, 06:09:56 pm »
I had the same issue when trying to connect to the ACORN-xxxx network for the Oak when connecting via my laptop. I found out that my tablet was more reliable at connecting, and generally haven't had any issues since when using that (I'd connect, wait 5-10 seconds to let it settle, and then carry on with the SoftAP web config app). A lot of people use their phones instead, it seems to work.

Other possible options to consider are to move your Oak further away from your wireless router in case the router is swamping it's signal. It also appears that the Oak uses Wifi Channel 1 when in AP mode, which may be an issue if your router is on the same channel.

This forum post may be of some assistance also : http://digistump.com/board/index.php/topic,2046.0.html
« Last Edit: July 24, 2016, 06:11:37 pm by PeterF »