Author Topic: Minor Error in new 1.0.2 Arduino Library Prevents Uploading  (Read 1277 times)

DrJFM

Erik or ??

I just used the Arduino IDE to update my OAK board manager package to 1.0.2.  The OAK.exe  file was not present in 1.0.2.   The folder C:\Users\James\AppData\Local\Arduino15\packages\digistump\tools\oakcli\1.0.2\ was empty after update

The oak.exe file was still there from the 1.0.1 library and all is OK when I copy it to a new \tools\oakcli\1.0.2 folder.  You may want to change the board update package.  Here is the error message when  uploading:

java.io.IOException: Cannot run program "C:\Users\James\AppData\Local\Arduino15\packages\digistump\tools\oakcli\1.0.1/oak.exe": CreateProcess error=2, The system cannot find the file specified

My sketch compiled fine, just needs correct path to oak.exe to configure for OTA update. With the new 1.0.2 folder added and the oak.exe placed there all is good again.  Since users may have the directory with oak.exe in their path list in order to select which Oak they are using, this may not show up for everyone.  I had a copy of oak.exe elsewhere that I use to select the OAK I am using and after the upgrade, needed to place a copy in the expected location.  Perhaps this simple workaround will help others till the board manager update can be revised.

James