Author Topic: connected oak does not save new custom firmware  (Read 1346 times)

t4ce

connected oak does not save new custom firmware
« on: May 23, 2016, 01:06:34 pm »
 :o
hi guys,
i flashed a few sketches from arduino IDE on my oak and everythings been working fine.
But since of today my oak shows up in the particle ide and android app but it wont save the new firmware that i flash. No errors ocure while i flash and it says the oak rebooted succesfully but after that it doesnt have the firmware.

currently the oak has a steady powerled and the status led is flashing: *long* *pause* *short* *pause* *short* *pause* ...

the oak is listed as online in the webide but the firmware does not update on the device.

thanks for any tips, jonas

exeng

Re: connected oak does not save new custom firmware
« Reply #1 on: May 23, 2016, 05:18:11 pm »
The LED flash pattern sounds suspiciously like the safe mode pattern. If so, the Oak did not take the update unless this is what you sketch does.

You don't by chance have more than 1 Oak powered up and updated the wrong one?

I would put the Oak into safe mode (pin 1 to ground) cycle power, wait a few seconds, remove pin 1 connection from ground. You should see the 3 flash LED pattern indicating safe mode. Now make sure that you selected that Oak for upload using the Oak CLI.

Hope this helps.

t4ce

Re: connected oak does not save new custom firmware
« Reply #2 on: May 23, 2016, 10:51:03 pm »
The problem eventually solved itself as i changed the oak power from my circuit (vin) back to the usb-power from my pc. then reflashed again 2-3 times. went back to normal behaviour. thanks