Author Topic: SoftAP Particle login fail from mobile device?  (Read 2753 times)

exeng

SoftAP Particle login fail from mobile device?
« on: March 22, 2016, 12:01:41 pm »
Has anyone had problems with SoftAP login to particle from a mobile device? It worked last night and today it returns invalid user or password. I can login from my desktop and laptop but not my phone. I usually use the phone to run SoftAP but had to resort to using my laptop. The good news is the Oak configured on the first attempt.

Doubt it's a SoftAP problem but I'm puzzled as to why a valid Particle.o login would fail with a valid user and password? :-\ And yes, I was connected to the internet.

defragster

Re: SoftAP Particle login fail from mobile device?
« Reply #1 on: March 22, 2016, 12:45:22 pm »
No, I did it (too) many times - and it worked given the right email and PWD combination. Problem with phone was entering the PWD - so I put it in the clipboard as I had 7 devices to go through - ended up on LOCAL SERVER install but still needed to 'paste' that PWD over a dozen times - all worked.

exeng

« Reply #2 on: March 22, 2016, 01:33:18 pm »
The interesting thing is can login directly to my Particle.io account from my phone but not via SoftAP. One wonders what SoftAP is doing that's different?

digistump

• Administrator
« Reply #3 on: March 22, 2016, 05:12:54 pm »
Strange - softap uses the ParticleJS library from particle - so I would think it would work the same as their site (which also uses that library)

exeng

« Reply #4 on: March 23, 2016, 04:05:13 pm »
UPDATE: I think the login fail was due to having an active login already established to particle on my mobile device. I don't believe it had anything to do with SoftAP. Perhaps the login was blocked because of an active login session. Don't know what SoftAP sees from particle, so I'm guessing here.

In any case, SoftAP succeeds now and nothing has changed except that I logged out of particle before trying it again.  To be clear, the active login was from the same device. I believe you can (but haven't tested it) have a login from another device and SoftAP particle login will succeed as long as it's not coming from the same device.

digistump

• Administrator
« Reply #5 on: March 25, 2016, 10:38:12 pm »
Interesting - that would make sense - but I won't pretend to know how their login/auth system works at Particle. Glad it worked!