Author Topic: OAK Stoped working - Can not restore it  (Read 1733 times)

asantos

OAK Stoped working - Can not restore it
« on: April 06, 2016, 03:36:58 am »
Hi,

I have been happily trying and experimenting with Oak, I was really impress how the setup process is, and how smooth the experience is.
I was uploading some sketches, with particle function, and somehow I lost conection to the Oak.

In the https://dashboard.particle.io/user/logs I always see the Oak going online and offline, constantly.
I have tried to shunt PIN! and GND, power Oak up, wait 5 sec, remove shunt. Led starts blink in 3 patter, but OAK does no enter SoftAP mode, and it keeps sending online/offline events to the dashboard.

Does anyone have any ideas on how can I get may oak back to work?

Best Regards,
André

Nevyn

Re: OAK Stoped working - Can not restore it
« Reply #1 on: April 06, 2016, 12:22:49 pm »
I've resorted to using serial to flash the Oaks I have, Particle is proving to be erratic with OTA updates.

The method I use is to hold digital pin 2 low and then reset the Oak, then release digital pin 2 after 2-3 seconds.  The Arduino IDE can then flash the program to the Oak over serial.

I have occasionally (twice during 7 days of intensive programming/flashing) had this fail but I just restored the V1 firmware and everything sprang back to life.

Serial programming might not be as convenient but during development I'd rather just have something that works "every" time than spend time trying to flash, fail, flash, fail and then resort to using serial anyway.

Hope this help,
Mark