Author Topic: uploading code to the oak  (Read 2063 times)

acgt101

uploading code to the oak
« on: March 20, 2016, 06:40:04 am »
is anyone haveing issues uploading to the oak, i just finished updateing it to the new firmware and have run the command line tool, but still can't get the ide to upload to the board, says that the device is no longer avalible on this account. any insight would be apreciated.

sshum

Re: uploading code to the oak
« Reply #1 on: March 20, 2016, 08:04:19 am »
I had the same problem. I've realised that the OakCLI I was using was for 0.9.5. I downloaded the 1.0.0 one here: https://github.com/digistump/OakCLI/releases

beastlykings

« Reply #2 on: March 20, 2016, 02:11:25 pm »
Thanks for this, I was pulling my hair out. Someone should change the wiki, it is directing me to the 0.9.5 OakCLI, after using the 1.0.0 my issues are resolved and I'm on my way!

smaw51

« Reply #3 on: March 20, 2016, 05:57:44 pm »
Have you found a way to send or receive data from the web to your oak?

jwhendy

« Reply #4 on: March 20, 2016, 07:07:55 pm »
@smaw51: as in, in general? Or you mean something on the setup side still isn't working for you?

If you mean, in general, I've written an intro tutorial here about getting data via particle.io. I plan to write another this week for Particle.function() which allows one to send data to the oak.

smaw51

« Reply #5 on: March 20, 2016, 10:32:53 pm »
@smaw51: as in, in general? Or you mean something on the setup side still isn't working for you?

If you mean, in general, I've written an intro tutorial here about getting data via particle.io. I plan to write another this week for Particle.function() which allows one to send data to the oak.

Thanks! That's what I was looking for

digistump

• Administrator
« Reply #6 on: March 21, 2016, 01:52:25 pm »
Links updated - sorry about that!

jwhendy

« Reply #7 on: March 21, 2016, 03:19:22 pm »
@digistump: how can one tell what oakcli version they have? I just downloaded the tar files for 0.9.5 and 1.0.0 for linux 64 an I get the same response from both on the version:

Code: [Select]
$ ./oak --version
v0.12.10

Ah, nevermind... just checked `oak --help` and this appears to spit out the version for node.js. I guess I'm not familiar with what the CLI tool is doing, but the least perhaps some sort of readme.txt and version.txt could be included in the download bundle. This way users could have version-specific links in their local copy?