Author Topic: VERY unstable WiFi connection to Digix AND issue with WPA2 password  (Read 4517 times)

tinjaw

I have several wifi enabled computers available to me. Half of them cannot connect to the Digix WiFi LAN. And when some do, the connection is horribly slow. I know that this board is no google server, but 3 out of 4 connections timeout.

Also, when I can get to the setup pages, it doesn't seem to properly store my WAP2 password to connect to my home WiFi network. I never connect (drop IP) and when I go back to the setup page the password is only 3 or 4 *'s long and when I click the box to show it, it is only 3 or 4 characters long when my password is about a dozen.

Any help with either issue would be appreciated.

===UPDATE===
The DIGIX WiFi is unstable. It goes up and down like crazy. I have done an Erase|Reset to clear out any program. I don't know how to reset the factory WiFi settings or if that would do me any good.

===UPDATE 2===
I thought it might be a power issue so I upped things from 12V 1A to 12V 1.5A and unstable WiFi remains.
« Last Edit: March 05, 2016, 10:54:47 am by tinjaw »

tinjaw

Re: VERY unstable WiFi connection to Digix AND issue with WPA2 password
« Reply #1 on: March 08, 2016, 06:44:04 pm »
Can anybody confirm or confirm otherwise that Digix can handle wpa2 passwords?

digistump

• Administrator
Re: VERY unstable WiFi connection to Digix AND issue with WPA2 password
« Reply #2 on: March 21, 2016, 03:50:32 pm »
It should handle WPA2-PSK, not sure about other types though. It sounds like you may have a board with other issues though, unfortunately the DigiX is out of production and we have no stock to offer a replacement from. If you purchased it from us we will still honor a return for refund, assuming it is in "like new" type of condition.