Author Topic: A few questions about the Oak  (Read 1338 times)

werner

A few questions about the Oak
« on: February 15, 2016, 03:37:06 pm »
I have a couple of questions which might be of interest to other users here as well.

1.  Will we be able to load an Oak directly from Arduino via serial FTDI cable some time in future?

2.  Presuming the answer to 1 is yes, does that mean we will be able to use it without having to register it to the Particle cloud altogether, if we don't care about OTA?

3. I'd like to make an app that reads the Wifi credentials and other stuff like URL's etc from serial interface.  That way I can distribute a product to end users with a simple program to allow them to set it up originally and just use it without all this hoops to get it set up to WiFi etc.  Of course I will pre-program it with my own app before I ship it.   Is there any specific examples you can recommend I look at?

4.  Suppose I just want to revert my oak to become at standard ESP8266 serial AT device such as the ones we see generally on AlieExpress etc.  Is that possible?  Is there a good website/page that might put me on the right track how to do that?

Thanks in advance to anyone who answer some of my questions.