Author Topic: OAK device registered successfully  (Read 1837 times)

avwolferen

OAK device registered successfully
« on: February 14, 2016, 01:15:20 pm »
Hi all,

I'd like to share a small success story. I've just registered one of my 10 OAK's with success!

I've tried to register one of my OAK's for the last two weeks almost every day without any success. Well, I took the OAK to my work and tried registering it but I think I've "bricked" it in the middle of the process but that one will be fixed with a touch of an FTDI. I think it got bricked because I'm unable to get to see the AP it should be broadcasting after you power it up.

This made me think. At home I've got my routers Wi-Fi, and a repeater in my living room with exactly the same SSID. When you get to see the list of AP's the OAK can connect to I did see my SSID listed two times in the list of 10 SSID's. Of course I did pick one of the two to connect my OAK. This was the actual problem, for me at last. I've unplugged my repeater so I only got one of the two SSID's and the registration worked flawlessly!

Maybe it's possible for Erik to get the SSID selection list focusing not only to the actual SSID's but also to the MAC Addresses the OAK could connect to. I don't know if it's possible with the ESP but I guess for some of us it could be relevant to the registration problems.

Best Regards,
Alex