Author Topic: what is the Particle Username/Email and Particle password?  (Read 2169 times)

bigplik

what is the Particle Username/Email and Particle password?
« on: February 08, 2016, 02:28:00 am »
hi, can't find information what is the particle username/email and particle password to run OAK,
can't use arduino till I'll set it up

what should I put there?
« Last Edit: February 08, 2016, 02:54:41 am by bigplik »

bigplik

Re: what is the Particle Username/Email and Particle password?
« Reply #1 on: February 08, 2016, 03:33:57 am »
I found how to sign to paticle here
https://digistump.com/board/index.php/topic,1924.0.html

but I've got "No devices available." message

sudo ./oak
Particle Username/Email:******@gmail.com
Particle Password:*****
No devices available.

what should I do next to configure it?
« Last Edit: February 08, 2016, 03:35:36 am by bigplik »

djflix

« Reply #2 on: February 08, 2016, 12:09:20 pm »
If you get the message "No devices available" it seems that your device has not been claimed on the particle cloud. To do this, repeat the SoftAP setup at http://rawgit.com/digistump/OakSoftAP/master/config.html so that you can retry the device claim. If this is successful, repeat the steps you took in your second post, and your Oak should appear in the OakCLI application.

Grisbane

« Reply #3 on: February 08, 2016, 12:28:32 pm »
And what do those of us trying to do this for a week need to do?

Thanks!

djflix

« Reply #4 on: February 08, 2016, 11:27:33 pm »
If you've been trying this for a week a number of causes might be at play here:

- Your router (or modem-router provided by your internet provider) is set up not to be compatible with 802.11g (which at least is the mode that the Oak switches to during set-up, not sure if it automatically switches to N on an N-only router)
- Your router is set up in a way that is incompatible with the Oak's firmware.

At least one of the above is currently my issue. Both at work and at home I've been able to see the Oak in the DHCP client list of my router, but it does not stay connected. When I use my phone as a Wi-Fi Hotspot everything works great. I hope there is some kind of firmware tweak (maybe even from the existing ESP8266 community) that improves the WiFi compatibility of the Oak firmware. My guess is that it doesn't play nice with devices that also do Wireless AC. Thus far this is the pattern I'm seeing. (And yes, I know Wireless AC is not on 2,4GHz and the Oak does not possess 5GHz capabilities).

Have you tried to connect through your phones hotspot instead of your regular WiFi network? What were the results?