Author Topic: Oak no longer receiving uploads  (Read 13678 times)

PeterF

Re: Oak no longer receiving uploads
« Reply #30 on: March 01, 2016, 07:50:50 pm »
As Erik says, you should only need to do that if you overwrite your Oak with some other firmware - it should still be safe in your case though as you were simply giving it a swift kick in the pants to liven it up ;)

Otherwise, you would connect to it via serial at 115200 baud, and send the command "set\n40\n{"device-id":"123456789012345678901234"}\n" (minus the quotes), where the numbers would be your device ID. The POST method when connected to the AP is at bit more complicated.

kirby

« Reply #31 on: March 03, 2016, 05:18:03 am »
I know it's pedantic and picky, but to remove possible confusion from taking things too literally...

Otherwise, you would connect to it via serial at 115200 baud, and send the command 'set\n40\n{"device-id":"123456789012345678901234"}\n' (minus the single quotes), where the numbers would be your device ID. The POST method when connected to the AP is at bit more complicated.

PeterF

« Reply #32 on: March 04, 2016, 02:20:05 am »
LOL... FAIL!!!! :o Yes, indeed... don't remove all the double quotes!  ;D ;D ;D

jwhendy

« Reply #33 on: March 13, 2016, 05:09:00 pm »
I suffered a grueling [and feels like wasted] day finally getting around to set up my oak. Good lord what a ride. I got the firmware flashed and associated it to particle.io and was even able to start flashing programs. Then arduino started timing out during the "flashing......" phase. Using the particle app on my phone, I could see it wasn't online. I've probably been through the wireless setup more than 25 times today, and regardless of home wifi (WPA2 or open) or phone hotspot, it shows up for a minute or so on the particle dashboard, then goes offline again.

My method to try and get it on wifi again is to jump p1 to gnd and go through the process all over again. Were the errors here related to it just not being on wifi, or did the success of a restore indicate that it was something else?

I don't understand how anything I've done could have overwritten the basic functionality of connecting to wifi and listening to particle!? When i ground p1, it goes into the post-firmware-update flash sequence (3 quick blips, pause, repeat). Any suggestions on how to figure out what in the world is going on?