Author Topic: Lightsaber!!  (Read 4091 times)

postuma

Lightsaber!!
« on: February 05, 2016, 03:29:17 pm »
.. cause you know you want one

PeterF

Re: Lightsaber!!
« Reply #1 on: February 15, 2016, 01:21:26 am »
Don't you think it could be a bit dangerous though... having a lightsaber someone could remotely hack and turn on when you're least expecting or ready for it?  ;D :o :'(

brohan

« Reply #2 on: April 09, 2016, 06:59:14 pm »
The unexpectedness of someone remotely activating it will only hone a Jedi's skills  8)

emardee

« Reply #3 on: April 09, 2016, 08:39:27 pm »
Ha! Brilliant.

emardee

« Reply #4 on: April 12, 2016, 11:53:32 pm »
My kids are asking for Lightsabers. I am not keen to buy them some overpriced rubbish from the toy shop. (Also thinking I could probably make something way cooler anyway!)

Then I remembered this thread.... and thought it would certainly be a cool use for a spare Oak!

So is anyone seriously thinking of this?

Assuming at its simplest it is a plastic tube with a diffuser and some leds inside. Be pretty cool if you used digital pixels so you could change colour of lightsaber, and also animate the turning on so it progressively extends and retracts by not just turning them all on (or off) at the same time.

Sounds would be awesome too. As would a motion sensor to adjust the sounds! But now we're not talking a simple device any longer! (But if it was too simple it wouldn't need an Oak, so we want to make it at least slightly fancy!)

I guess I need to do some googling to see what other have come up with in the way of physical build, then work out whether it is worth jazzing it up with an Oak.

postuma

« Reply #5 on: May 16, 2016, 06:39:28 pm »
So I did get an audio module to work with the Oak - see this post: http://digistump.com/board/index.php/topic,2258.0.html

More to come. LEDs with MOSFETs should be easy. Waiting for accelerometer modules.

Agree though - scary to think someone could force-hack my saber  :P

Cowzero

« Reply #6 on: February 18, 2019, 01:33:24 am »
A good reason จีคลับ
« Last Edit: May 30, 2019, 09:59:27 pm by Cowzero »