Author Topic: access control  (Read 3058 times)

plexer

access control
« on: January 15, 2016, 02:22:27 pm »
Is it possible to use particle.io to implement this.

One oak connected to a electric strike, user logs in to a webpage or app and click on door button, oak powers electric strike to open door?

dougal

Re: access control
« Reply #1 on: January 21, 2016, 06:10:24 am »
That should be doable. On the Oak side, you could use the Particle.function() call to register a function to trigger your relay (or whatever). On the web side, use ParticleJS and the Particle.callFunction() method.

Alternately, you could use PubSub events, but that generally makes more sense when you are passing changing data values.

DrJFM

« Reply #2 on: April 16, 2016, 07:55:11 am »
Blynk makes this a straightforward task.  Following the modifications developed by exeng to the BlynkSimpleOak.h library file, it took me about 10 min. to have an LED turning on or off at the push of a phone button using the Blynk app on my phone.  For what it is worth, the android app runs well on my Blackberry Z10 phone (as well as on most pure Android phones, I assume).  I had backed Blynk on Kickstarter so had credits since they now want to sell you some "energy" to run your apps.  You get a bit of free energy when you sign up so you can at least pilot your app for your door before you see what long term support would run you. 

I found this approach much more direct than wading into the Particle pool beyond simply publishing text results to the Particle log.  Will have to get into Particle control in the future, but the Blynk app was trivial.  You could easily use a few more digital io pins to set up a "pin" pad to provide access control beyond just having your phone.  Haven't looked in depth at the basic security of Blynk, but their authorization token or code is reassuringly long.  Also, if you choose to share this code, several household phones could access your lock.

Cheers
James

emardee

« Reply #3 on: April 17, 2016, 05:04:28 am »
There is useful info on this in this thread:

https://digistump.com/board/index.php/topic,2073.0.html