Author Topic: Servo Library not supported? [Solved - see here for Servo example!]  (Read 25872 times)

digistump

• Administrator
Re: Servo Library not supported? [Solved - see here for Servo example!]
« Reply #15 on: January 22, 2013, 12:29:46 pm »

Rboyer - we never got the servo8bit to work - sorry I'll edit to clarify - this is the code that worked: http://digistump.com/board/index.php/topic,189.msg1098.html#msg1098
« Last Edit: January 22, 2013, 12:33:47 pm by digistump »

Eje_G

« Reply #16 on: February 02, 2013, 05:12:27 pm »
to clarify you want to grab SoftwareServo.zip from that page

Grabbed, installed and tried sample codes here and else. Servo just goes spastic, just going in on direction and not in a smooth movement, no matter what values used. Tried playing with the library code but getting little to no where.

Just picked up a Servo at Radio Shack and messed around with this all day now and feel stupid,  probably missing something stupidly simple somewhere. 

According to what I found online,  1700us gives counter clockwise,  1300us clockwise,  1500us stopped.

And repeated every 20ms.

Help, brain strain.

cwhummel

« Reply #17 on: February 04, 2013, 03:09:16 am »
I'm having the same problems. Cant get the servo to do anything other than make erratic movements, even with the library and code posted here.

Eje_G

« Reply #18 on: February 05, 2013, 11:39:04 am »
For now to play with servo you could use the simple hacked code I wrote, not as fancy as the SoftwareServo library but at least can get it to move. Might have to adjust the values for your servo (I'm used a Parallax standard servo from Radio Shack).

http://digistump.com/board/index.php/topic,276.msg1550.html#msg1550

bjh

« Reply #19 on: February 17, 2013, 10:50:27 pm »
I had the same problems with SoftwareServo; Eje_G's simple bit-banging approach worked so I've started a (so far) limited and incomplete SimpleServo library which I expect will (in a couple iterations) be able to make my current project go.