Author Topic: Getting DigiCDC working  (Read 3977 times)

noslenkwah

Getting DigiCDC working
« on: July 13, 2015, 10:22:05 pm »
Hi,

I have been trying endlessly to get some sort of USB communication with my Digispark. I am trying to get the echo sketch to work. It compiles and upload just fine, but when I open up the Arduino Serial monitor I get the error "Board at COM1 is not available" I check the windows device manager and it shows a little yellow warning that reads "Windows cannot start this hardware device because its configuration information (in the registry) is incomplete or damaged. (Code 19)"

Any thoughts on why this is, how to fix this, or a better solution? All I want in the end is to send the analog inputs to a python script on the host computer.

Thanks,
Ryan
« Last Edit: July 14, 2015, 10:21:44 am by noslenkwah »

Ralf

Re: Getting DigiCDC working
« Reply #1 on: July 15, 2015, 05:52:30 am »
Hi,

under Linux, I also have some problems with CDC. The newest Digistump version/addon 

https://digistump.com/board/index.php/topic,1805.0.html

also has improvements for CDC. Now it works on certain USB ports of my Notebooks (with or without an USB HUB), but not on all.

About the Windows problems: Try to go into the hardware manager and delete the entry for the CDC device completely (including the driver) and reinstall the junk again. Sometimes this helps to solve Windows mysteries. And don't forget to pray while reinstalling ;)

Ralf