Author Topic: Would anyone be willing to help me with Keyboard events?  (Read 2778 times)

mkHeinzen

Would anyone be willing to help me with Keyboard events?
« on: July 03, 2015, 12:46:29 pm »
Hi all,

Recently I stumbled upon a situation where the current Keyboard.h solution for Keyboard inputs (sendKeystroke() ) alone isn't the proper way to solve my problem. I was taking a look into the HID structure and I do believe it is possible to do this, but since I don't know a lot about V-USB, I would need some help in implementing this.

So, the idea here is to add the Keyboard Event functionality (maybe even extend it to other HID?).

__________________________________________________________________________________________________________

I don't know exactly where to start - code wise - (as I said, I don't know V-USB that well), but since I have some experience with hardware I don't think this would be too hard to do, if I get some heads up about it.

I thought about starting off with this:

Goal: Implement keyboard events where the system detects the current state of an input and sends a persistent signal, instead of strokes.

Initial Functionalities:

Keyboard.press(char key):
When invoked, acts as if key was pressed and held in the Keyboard. The effect of letting go of it is achieved when calling Keyboard.release();

Keyboard.release(char key):
Interrupts the hold effect of the specified key.

Keyboard.isPressed(char key):
Returns the current state of the key, if it's either UP or DOWN

Keyboard.releaseAll():
Interrupts the hold effect of all keys that are pressed

__________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Anyone willing to help me with this? I got another person who's going to lend a helping hand starting next week.

Cheers!
« Last Edit: July 03, 2015, 12:51:11 pm by mkHeinzen »

KamHiva

Would anyone be willing to help me with Keyboard events
« Reply #1 on: August 03, 2019, 09:20:35 am »
Try out the physicsgrade9-12 I siure that will help.Also so do some reshreach on the internet for some nformation on the project you are doing. But remember, dont Playgarise.

PS. Youll do great. I know it