Author Topic: SensorNet  (Read 3402 times)

Solice

SensorNet
« on: May 26, 2015, 03:21:19 pm »
This is an oldie but a goodie.  I first came across a project like this when I was researching how to use an ATMega1284p with the Arduino environment, and found maniacbug's website detailing the use of an RF transceivers to place tiny sensor nodes all over his house (1).  I tried this, but had range and noise issues using the same hardware and presumably similar code.  Essentially, I hope to make something like that with Oaks.

I feel like the Oak was born for this sort of thing.  Take a reading, send it to a home base, go to sleep for 5 or 10 minutes.  I just hope I can get things like the DHT or TMP36 sensors working with the Oak.  I hope to use this same kind of thing to detect dangerous cold spots in the house before my pipes freeze.  Any input on this is welcomed!

1. https://maniacbug.wordpress.com/2012/03/30/rf24network/
« Last Edit: May 26, 2015, 03:59:09 pm by Solice »

StickyC

Re: SensorNet
« Reply #1 on: January 07, 2016, 08:01:14 pm »
This is relevant to my interests :)

I'm hoping to set up a network of Oaks to monitor various elements of the house. I'm not nearly competent enough to code up some big mesh network. I'll consider it a victory if I can just get a few 1-wire sensors up and reporting to a master controller.

Daffid

Re: SensorNet
« Reply #2 on: January 11, 2016, 04:18:11 pm »
This is something I want to tackle as well. I've been working on a garden project that would automate the watering of my backyard raised gardens. I stumbled across the Oak and immediately thought of it as a perfect way to take sensor readings and relay them back to a main point.