Author Topic: Can't Upload Program  (Read 15365 times)

digistump

• Administrator
Re: Can't Upload Program
« Reply #30 on: January 26, 2013, 07:19:49 pm »
I wanted to add one more thing to try - especially for those who are getting a connection but then an error - try putting a bit of pressure on the Digispark after you plug it in and/or adding a few layers of tape to the bottom of the USB plug part of it - sometimes these issues seem to be due to the Digispark not making snug enough contact with the USB pins when plugged in.

seattleandrew

« Reply #31 on: February 10, 2013, 12:11:11 pm »
have you tried the items in the troubleshooting sections, especially different ports, hub, extension cable - and are you hearing the device connect disconnect sound?[/size]

@DigiStump, Yes and I've tried an unpowered hub and I'm getting the unplug noise from Windows :(

Mark

« Reply #32 on: February 10, 2013, 02:55:24 pm »
The other option is find an extension that has proper spring type pins.

It solved my issues.

Mark

digistump

• Administrator
« Reply #33 on: February 11, 2013, 10:16:16 am »
have you tried the items in the troubleshooting sections, especially different ports, hub, extension cable - and are you hearing the device connect disconnect sound?
@DigiStump, Yes and I've tried an unpowered hub and I'm getting the unplug noise from Windows :(

Are you getting any dialogs from the system tray - like "Device has malfunctioned"?

Have you installed the driver?

Do you have access to a second machine to test it with?

Thanks for your patience - it could be a bad one, but we'll try to eliminate a few more things first.

seattleandrew

« Reply #34 on: February 13, 2013, 01:21:43 pm »
@Digistump I get USB Device Not Recognized. I tried uninstalling the drivers then reinstalling. No dice, and I know the little guy is getting power because it runs the default blink program. I'll try on another device, keep in mind I am unable to get any "USB device" noises from my USB 3.0 port, only when I plug into my unpowered USB hub... aaaand weird. I tried another USB 3.0 port on my computer and the drivers loaded. It's just on a side of my computer I never use the ports on. Ok so I tested it and I am now able to successfully upload code :) Thanks for the help!

tl;dr try ALL of your ports

deejayspinz

« Reply #35 on: February 19, 2013, 06:01:06 am »
This may have been answered already.  I'm running Win7 and was having similar issues (USB device not recognized).  It would not work when connecting directly to the 2 front USB ports on my PC (but I know these work as I use memory keys in them all the time).  I have a cheapo 4 port hub connected to the USB port on the back and this worked.   Issue could be either something whacky with my 2 front ports, or (as others have suggested) making sure that a 4 pins get a solid connection when inserted. 

Something I am going to try when I get around to it, is to solder a thin layer of solder to each of the 4 pads to build up some height to ensure positive contact.  This is reversible provided you have some solder wick.  I'll post back to see if that helps. 

Mark

« Reply #36 on: February 19, 2013, 08:42:43 am »
I need to explain my earlier post when I said
The other option is find an extension that has proper spring type pins.

The extension cord as well as the normal spring parts on the metal shroud, had the 4 USB connection pins sprung.
Thereby ensuring that not matter how thick the device being inserted, positive contact was made to all 4 contacts.

The cheaper extensions don't have this.

Mark

pckk

« Reply #37 on: May 13, 2019, 10:59:53 pm »
thanks for recommend.
สมัครufabet    

guptaandrew

« Reply #38 on: June 18, 2019, 01:48:52 am »
thanks for recommend.
mcdvoice