Author Topic: [Fixed] Digispark Pro Addin Appears to be Windows Only  (Read 4158 times)

netguy204

[Fixed] Digispark Pro Addin Appears to be Windows Only
« on: June 22, 2014, 05:13:12 pm »
At least, the tools folder only has *.exe files in it and they appear to be windows executables. I followed the wiki and got the files here: http://sourceforge.net/projects/digistump/files/Digistump1.5Addons-v09.zip/download
« Last Edit: June 23, 2014, 05:25:34 pm by netguy204 »

netguy204

Re: Digispark Pro Addin Appears to be Windows Only
« Reply #1 on: June 22, 2014, 06:52:55 pm »
A procedure that gets past the error (but does not properly upload new code to the device) is to snag the mac builds micronucleus and avrdude from the digispark Arduino release and drop them in the digistump tools folder in your Arduino directory. Again, this only gets you past the "file not found" error--it doesn't actually result in a successful upload. Looks like there's new magic in the digistump micronucleus programmer to support the pro.

gogol

« Reply #2 on: June 23, 2014, 03:49:58 am »
As the PRO uses the new micronucleus 2.0, you need an new command line client (which should backwards compatible).  As I am still waiting for my PRO, I can't test it right now.
Go here, grab the source and compile: https://github.com/micronucleus/micronucleus/tree/testing-V2-New
« Last Edit: June 23, 2014, 03:54:30 am by gogol »

digistump

• Administrator
« Reply #3 on: June 23, 2014, 03:59:21 am »
This is correct - and I feel like an idiot - I knew that it was too easy when I "finished" the beta build last night - of course - I needed to build the binary for two more platforms!

I apologize that I wasn't able to do this today due to prior engagements - but I will build it for Mac and Linux tomorrow and have it out tomorrow night. In the meantime if anyone wants to give it a shot - only the micronucleus command line needs to be built (and the source is attached) - the avrdude binary, ld binary, and DigiUSB binaries can be used from the original Digispark builds - but the avrdude binary and ld binary, from the original and the new micronucleus need to be placed in hardware/digistump/avr/tools.

Thanks for catching this and sorry for completely blowing this release!

netguy204

« Reply #4 on: June 23, 2014, 04:32:41 pm »
Works like a champ!

To those mac users (linux build coming soon) who are impatient, grab the digispark release and copy avrdude from hardware/digistump/avr/tools folder into the corresponding folder of the digispark-pro addin. Then copy the attached "micronucleus" command into the same directory.

Thanks!

netguy204

« Reply #5 on: June 23, 2014, 05:25:17 pm »
Here's a Mac specific version of the addin. Simply follow the instructions on the wiki but use this instead.

Custom Mac Only DigiSpark Pro Addin

If you're a Linux user (and impatient) I'd love your feedback on whether this Linux build of the Addin works for you.