Author Topic: Arduino IDE 1.0.6 + Digispark AddOns + Win8.1 File Mashups?  (Read 3695 times)

briankb

Arduino IDE 1.0.6 + Digispark AddOns + Win8.1 File Mashups?
« on: November 03, 2014, 10:56:37 pm »
I have a brand new laptop (Lenovo Yoga 14) running Windows 8.1 x64. I've had my previous setup working fine to program my original digispark but it was using the customized arduino ide v1.0.4 http://digistump.com/wiki/digispark/tutorials/connecting.

I would like to use the latest version of Arduino IDE as I have other arduino boards and like the changes made between v.4 and .6.

This is what I've done so far on my clean Win8.1 system.

1 - Download/Installed Arduino v1.0.6 including signed drivers
2 - downloaded Digistump1.5Addons-v091.zip
3 - rebooted to disable unsigned drivers
4 - installed latest Digispark drivers
5 - copied hardware folder from .zip file in step 2 to My Documents/Arduino
6 - Started Arduino IDE (no digispark items in Board or Programmer)
7 - moved those folders to C:\Program Files (x86)\Arduino\ folder
8 - Started Arduino IDE again but still no digispark items show up in Board or Programmer lists

What step am I missing so I can use the latest Arduino IDE v1.0.6 and have the Digispark addons show up in Board and Programmer lists and be able to program my digispark originals?

btw I have digispark, digispark pro (ordered), and a digix, and an uno.

digistump

• Administrator
Re: Arduino IDE 1.0.6 + Digispark AddOns + Win8.1 File Mashups?
« Reply #1 on: November 08, 2014, 06:23:28 pm »
The add-ons from here forward are for 1.5.7+ not 1.0.X - for 1.5.x your procedure would be fine - also they now have signed 8.1 compatible drivers included!

digi_guy

« Reply #2 on: December 07, 2014, 07:41:42 am »
I followed the setup process for the digispark pro, but now I can't seem to write to my original digispark.  Any thoughts as to why?  The upload process seems to stall right at the end and never asks me to plug in my digispark.

briankb

« Reply #3 on: December 07, 2014, 09:07:51 am »
I haven't played with my digispark in a few weeks but from what I can remember. Do upload to the digispark (original) I had to launch the specific arduino gui provided for it instead of the latest version. For some reason the add-ons just don't like or seem to work with the latest version. hope this helps and doesn't make it more confusing.