Author Topic: Availability of DigiX  (Read 11499 times)

dlmorgan999

Availability of DigiX
« on: October 05, 2014, 04:02:49 pm »
This isn't a support question, but I didn't see a better place to post it.  Do you have an estimate of when the DigiX will be available again?  A friend and I were both hoping to buy one only to find that they are out of stock and don't appear to be available anywhere else either.

Amus3d

Re: Availability of DigiX
« Reply #1 on: October 05, 2014, 07:30:52 pm »

dlmorgan999

« Reply #2 on: October 05, 2014, 07:37:34 pm »
Thanks, but I'm in the US.

cboden

« Reply #3 on: October 06, 2014, 07:34:22 am »
The issue is the availability of the ATMEL chips used in the DigiX as well as in the Arduino DUE as far as I understood. It seems that ATMEL unfortunally decided to stop the production of these chips and that Erik first wants to see what Arduino does with their DUE before he can decide how to go on with the DigiX (as it should be still pin- and code compatible to the DUE).

As you can see here: http://store.arduino.cc/index.php?main_page=product_info&products_code=A000062 the DUE is also out of stock. So I guess we have to wait until the Arduino project makes the first move.
« Last Edit: October 06, 2014, 07:37:35 am by cboden »

MichaelMeissner

« Reply #4 on: October 07, 2014, 05:34:24 am »
Bummer that the Atmel SAM3X8E is no longer in production.

For various reasons, I never got my DigiX up and running when I got my unit once the kickstarter campaign finished, and it sits waiting for me to do something with it.  If somebody needs a DigiX immediately and wants to buy mine for the kickstarter price + s/h, contact me.  I also have the level shifter shield that is still available, if you need that as well.  For US delivery, I believe it would fit in the small flat rate box ($6).