Author Topic: Arduino IDE wont upload to DigiX  (Read 4306 times)

danowar

Arduino IDE wont upload to DigiX
« on: September 28, 2014, 08:21:07 am »
I redid some things on my computer, and had to re-install the Arduino IDE.  After doing so, I get the following error when trying to verify/upload.  I have tried using the manual install instructions in the wiki, and the automated installer, same results.  Neither way does this file get installed.

Cannot run program "C:\Program Files (x86)\Arduino/hardware/tools/g++_arm_none_eabi/bin/arm-none-eabi-g++": CreateProcess error=2, The system cannot find the file specified.

defragster

Re: Arduino IDE wont upload to DigiX
« Reply #1 on: September 28, 2014, 11:24:10 am »
Do you have other Arduino installs?  There may be setting crossed between that or your prior installation.  It seems I saw this as I had the Digispark / Digix / DigiPro installs crossover.  Some want to install to specific places.

TomR

« Reply #2 on: September 30, 2014, 12:02:34 pm »
I had the same problem, but only using DigiX.

Solved it doing this:
I copied the existent folder at "C:\Program Files (x86)\Arduino/hardware/tools/" (don't remember the name)
and named it with "g++_arm_none_eabi"

BrianEh

« Reply #3 on: October 09, 2014, 12:06:09 pm »
Just downloaded the latest Add-Ons and I have this same issue.
Making a copy of the previous folder and setting the name is not working though.

digistump

• Administrator
« Reply #4 on: November 08, 2014, 05:58:20 pm »
This will be fixed in the next release - for now you can open the hardware/digistump/sam/platform.txt file and change line 13 from:

compiler.path={runtime.ide.path}/hardware/tools/g++_arm_none_eabi/bin/

to

compiler.path={runtime.ide.path}/hardware/tools/gcc-arm-none-eabi-4.8.3-2014q1/bin/

This is caused by some changes in 1.5.8+