Author Topic: New Digispark Software Release  (Read 11455 times)

digistump

• Administrator
New Digispark Software Release
« on: May 20, 2013, 11:22:27 pm »
We have released an update to the Digispark Arduino IDE - Version May19 (based on Arduino 1.0.4)

Get it: [size=78%]http://digistump.com/wiki/digispark/tutorials/connecting?&#software[/size]

Change log: [size=78%]http://digistump.com/board/index.php/topic,89.0.html[/size]

Paul Boven

Re: New Digispark Software Release
« Reply #1 on: May 21, 2013, 05:16:23 am »
Hi,

The Linux tar ball (at least the 64 bit version) unpacks in home/ubuntu/DigisparkArduino-Linux64. Could you recreate the tar without the home/ubuntu part, please?
Also, the send/receive/digiusb in the 64bit version are actually 32bit applications and won't run by default on a 64 bit system (this was also the case with the previous release). They can easily be recompiled with the included source, so I would suggest including the actual 64 bit builds of them in the tarfile.

Regards, Paul Boven.
« Last Edit: May 21, 2013, 05:26:24 am by Paul Boven »

digistump

• Administrator
« Reply #2 on: May 21, 2013, 01:18:49 pm »
Paul -

I've fixed the paths - thanks for the heads up. The new versions are uploading now.

Have you compiled the command lines on 64-bit - if so would you mind sharing them/uploading them/email them (support at digistump dot com) - and I"ll fix that release.

Thanks,
Erik

DeuxVis

« Reply #3 on: June 01, 2013, 08:00:18 am »
I think the micronucleus executable provided with the 64 bits linux package also is mismatched. Not sure as it actually complains about missing libusb, which is installed on that systemb (lubuntu 13 64 bits).

I workarounded that by building it from blubie's github sources, but you might wanna add that to your check list for the next release.

digistump

• Administrator
« Reply #4 on: June 04, 2013, 12:45:49 am »
DeuxVis - would you mind attaching your build for others who run into this issue in the meantime?

DeuxVis

« Reply #5 on: June 04, 2013, 12:00:17 pm »
Sure, here it is.

DeuxVis

« Reply #6 on: June 14, 2013, 03:47:16 am »
Note that I recently tried on a very old version of ubuntu 64 bits (I believe it was ubuntu version 10) and I didn't have to recompile on that computer.

I suspect the recent distributions stopped providing some of the 32 bit compatibility libraries, and maybe you linked your executable on an old version which had those ?

MichaelMeissner

« Reply #7 on: June 14, 2013, 05:20:28 am »
Note that I recently tried on a very old version of ubuntu 64 bits (I believe it was ubuntu version 10) and I didn't have to recompile on that computer.

I suspect the recent distributions stopped providing some of the 32 bit compatibility libraries, and maybe you linked your executable on an old version which had those ?
Or it may be that you had installed the 32-bit libraries on the older system.  I know I've been seeing questions about Ubuntu not installing 32-bit libraries by default for at least 2-3 years now.  That among other reasons has turned me off of switching my Linux distribution to Ubuntu (currently I use Fedora at home and Red Hat RHEL at work).

sorphin

« Reply #8 on: July 01, 2013, 12:15:57 am »
Is there going to be an 'update' to line up with 1.0.5 ?

digistump

• Administrator
« Reply #9 on: July 01, 2013, 11:11:59 am »
We're working on a version for 1.5.x - as that has proper support for using a different upload programmer like we use - now and it will be released in the next month.

If we don't get that finished soon we'll release a 1.0.5 version as well.

sorphin

« Reply #10 on: August 28, 2013, 09:59:04 pm »
Anything? Bueller?

Bluebie

« Reply #11 on: August 29, 2013, 09:08:34 am »
What's wrong with 1.0.4? Just turn off the update notification thing in preferences. It's fine!

digistump

• Administrator
« Reply #12 on: August 29, 2013, 11:06:22 am »
Here is another thread where we answer this question as well, with more detail as to why we haven't released 1.05 yet: http://digistump.com/board/index.php/topic,1047.html

KamHiva

New Digispark Software Release
« Reply #13 on: August 06, 2019, 08:12:55 am »
Why are we still talking about this in suggestions if the solution which seems fine with me as it goes more to the spirit rather than the letter of the law is already done?