Author Topic: Debugging Digispark Pro (ATTiny 167)  (Read 1411 times)

Mr Chips

Debugging Digispark Pro (ATTiny 167)
« on: June 18, 2018, 01:14:15 pm »
Hi all,

I have a Digispark Pro (ATTiny167), Win 7 64 bit, Arduino 1.8.4.

I have added the Digispark bits to Arduino, and can load my Arduino sketches to the DS Pro without issue.

All i want to do is to have a debug feature, same functionality as the serial monitor for debugging Ardino boards.

1) DigiKeyboard - either does not seem to work, or gives an output similar to:

lo Digggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggisparrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrk!
HellDigispaaaaaaaaaaark!
Hello                                                  Dispark!elllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllo Diggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggg

Does anyone know why it is not working properly ?

2) DigiUSB - I have tried this, and although my DS Pro shows up as "DigiUSB" in the windows USB section, the monitor says "no DigiUSB device detected". Does anyone know why this should be ?

3) DigiCDC - have not tried this - there does not seem to be enough information on how to install/use it. If it is slow and uses loads of memory, maybe it is not that good ?

4) DigiUSB RubyGem - I have installed Ruby 2.5.1P57,and the dev kit and the digiusb gem. However i get an error when trying to run "digiterm" : "....LIBUSB::error_not_found in libusb_submit_transfer....." Does anyone know anything about that ?

If i could get the DS Pro to give me some debugging info it would be absolutely fantastic.

Has anyone else got any of the above methods to work ??? Ideally i need somwthing which does not detract too much memort from the ATTiny167, and which can display numbers, text etc.

Thanks

Busba1122

Re: Debugging Digispark Pro (ATTiny 167)
« Reply #1 on: October 29, 2019, 08:27:13 pm »
Just dare to play. Have fun.   :)

>>> slotxo