Author Topic: Having issues with Forums  (Read 3839 times)

dclaar

Having issues with Forums
« on: January 05, 2013, 06:22:12 pm »
First, it sent the confirmation email from .info, and I've blocked .info because of the huge amount of spam from there. After I fixed that and confirmed, I tried to post, but it doesn't seem to want to let me post in Digispark Support.
Search doesn't work at all: For example, a search for USB or usb returns no results.

And, when I plug in the brand new digispark, nothing recognizes it: Not linux, not mac, not windows. Which what I was going to ask about in the forums to start with.

« Last Edit: January 05, 2013, 06:22:12 pm by dclaar »

digistump

• Administrator
« Reply #1 on: January 05, 2013, 06:56:52 pm »
@dclaar

What browser/OS are you using to try to access the forums? They are a completely standard install of Vanilla Forums - and I\'ve never heard of anyone having issues posting. Let me know your browser and version and I can test, also try a full logout and log back in to the forums.

As far as the Digispark not working: since you have all of those platforms available - lets try windows as that is what I know best to help with

1) Did you go through the troubleshooting section?
2) Did you install the driver?
3)If yes to both, when you plug it in do you get any messages at all like \"Unrecognizable device\"? If you don\'t get any message then have you tried an upload form the software, not plugging in until it asks you to?
4) Have you tried different ports, cables, or hubs?

and what version of windows (7, 8, XP?) Laptop or desktop?

That info should give us a place to start.
Thanks,
Erik

digistump

• Administrator
« Reply #2 on: January 05, 2013, 07:02:32 pm »
Re: the search - USB is too short, like most searches the forums search is set to ignore short works - try windows, linux, or ubuntu

dclaar

« Reply #3 on: January 05, 2013, 07:36:59 pm »
OK, I guess it just needed a minute to recognize me. I was able to post in support.
It is too bad that USB isn\'t indexed!
I\'ll go through the actual install/troubleshoot; further comments on the support thing, since I was able to post there. Thanks for your answers!