Author Topic: It's quiet... TOO quiet...  (Read 5411 times)

dougal

It's quiet... TOO quiet...
« on: May 09, 2014, 07:56:35 am »
What's everybody up to? :)

defragster

Re: It's quiet... TOO quiet...
« Reply #1 on: May 13, 2014, 11:31:58 pm »
Other than the KickStarter rise and finish of the PRO introduction . . .

. . . Same Thing We Do Every Night . . .
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-SBw6nVvJSo

and . . . Are You Pondering What I'm Pondering . . .
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v-xrnIXQ3iQ

defragster

« Reply #2 on: May 14, 2014, 08:20:41 pm »
Speaking of the internet of things somehow I got to this book on amazon and the $40 book is FREE on Kindle - anyone else? I got my copy and still shows free.

Rethinking the Internet of Things: A Scalable Approach to Connecting Everything

http://www.amazon.com/Rethinking-Internet-Things-Connecting-Everything-ebook/dp/B00EBCGHSW/ref=sr_1_1?s=digital-text&ie=UTF8&qid=1400123292&sr=1-1&keywords=internet+of+things

I wasn't even logged in when it showed free, so it isn't just my account.

Rethinking the Internet of Things: A Scalable Approach to Connecting Everything
Over the next decade, most devices connected to the Internet will not be used by people in the familiar way that personal computers, tablets and smart phones are. Billions of interconnected devices will be monitoring the environment, transportation systems, factories, farms, forests, utilities, soil and weather conditions, oceans and resources.

Many of these sensors and actuators will be networked into autonomous sets, with much of the information being exchanged machine-to-machine directly and without human involvement.   Machine-to-machine communications are typically terse. Most sensors and actuators will report or act upon small pieces of information - “chirps”.  Burdening these devices with current network protocol stacks is inefficient, unnecessary and unduly increases their cost of ownership. 

dougal

« Reply #3 on: May 15, 2014, 06:22:38 am »
@defragster - Cool, thanks for the pointer to that eBook. Downloaded!

defragster

« Reply #4 on: May 16, 2014, 01:33:59 am »
Glad I saw it and to share.  And yes - TOO quiet.  Hopefully the PRO will bring back activity

bitninja

« Reply #5 on: June 20, 2014, 03:25:18 pm »
While I am a relatively new member, I can say what things I would *like* to see.  Maybe some of then might make some sense and bring more traffic.

• More formalized project articles and how-tos.  The forums are not the best place to document an involved use case of the Digispark.  The wiki could serve this purpose if it was better formatted, organized and complete.  Seeing another project inspires you.  Seeing how they did it gives you the confidence to try it.  Knowing the pitfalls saves grief.
  • Organized Digispark Sketch Library with lots of example sketches.

Bit

defragster

« Reply #6 on: June 21, 2014, 12:39:37 am »
+1, Good points I've thought myself and from what I've gathered that Erik@DigiStump shares.

Bluebie

« Reply #7 on: July 12, 2014, 08:21:05 am »
I've been off in the world of blender and 3D printing, making stylish accessories for the modern geek! Horns, rings, stuff like that. Also helped make a laser projector for some installation art, made an award winning interactive electronic art object, learnt how to do 3D scanning. Not much electronics these days. Not much programming either. Mostly other less obstructive artforms.

You can see pics of my misadventures on my tumblr if you're curious: http://ism.creativepony.com/tagged/bluebiedesigns