Author Topic: DigiX case or plate?  (Read 6098 times)

Klinkbot

DigiX case or plate?
« on: April 19, 2014, 12:34:38 am »
Does anyone know of custom case or plate for the DigiX?
Has anyone tried a Due case?

briankb

Re: DigiX case or plate?
« Reply #1 on: April 11, 2015, 06:38:32 am »
Do you still need a DigiX case?

Do you have a 3D Printer?

DeuxVis

« Reply #2 on: April 14, 2015, 11:59:51 pm »
I'm not the OP but I have a digix and a 3D printer so briankb if you know of any design of a digix case please post it :)

briankb

« Reply #3 on: April 15, 2015, 08:16:42 am »
wow. there are none on Thingiverse, YouMagine, or Grabcad.

I have to work today but I'll start on one tonight. I'll try to design a standard box style case and a stacking case that just exposes the ports.

briankb

« Reply #4 on: April 16, 2015, 06:47:32 am »
very beginning, last night I grabbed the Eagle file to get the board layout and tried to find as many 3D components as possible. If you happen to know the exact components manf/id for the USB, MicroSD, Headphone, and Wifi I can update this mockup.

This photo shows the bottom of the case, but I'm just starting on it. I'll work on it again late tonight.

briankb

« Reply #5 on: April 18, 2015, 06:15:03 pm »
I uploaded a printable STL to youmagine https://www.youmagine.com/designs/digix-case

I have NOT had a chance to print this version as my Orion 3D printer isn't working like it should and my printrbot is too small. At worst the mounting stubs may not align perfectly, but you could just remove those and use stand offs. If you get a good print please upload here or youmagine so we can all see it.

I'm working on a variant of this design that has a lid and may even be sealed but not sure how it would work out with all the stackable headers. If you have suggestions please let me know.

DeuxVis

« Reply #6 on: April 22, 2015, 05:41:39 am »
Thanks, didn't expect you wanted to actually design it.

I'll give it a try when my printer is available.