Author Topic: DigiX NRF mesh-web server  (Read 4764 times)

bruceme

DigiX NRF mesh-web server
« on: March 12, 2014, 05:31:43 pm »
I'd like to use my DigiX as a web server to centrally command a small army of federated digiSpark "clones"...

Each DigiSpark has an NRF and by compile-time-switch-configuration can control any three combinations of mosfet gate, momentary input  and either a single relay or a PIR motion sensor.  Or anything else you can attach to a pin and turn on and off or sense rise/fall.

I've done some breadboards, with modest success.  I'm about to fabricate a board that can contain that (some combinations are mutually exclusive).  The idea is that I'm wiring my house for 24, 12 & 5vdc (from solar).  This DigiSpark w/NRF & daughter-board will fit in the back of a standard switch box and drive LED lighting, fans, garage doors, etc.

I want the DigiX to be the central website that can send the "All Off" command or shut the garage door from work when I leave it open.  Or send me an email alert when my hot water tank leaks or my garden needs water.  This is important, it has a lot of potential!

How do I setup my DigiX to be a web server and be all "simple" send these commands via it's onboard NRF transceiver?  Any project pointers or code would be great.  I've been searching in vane.  My day job is C#/.Net programmer, but I can grit real hard and do javascript even ruby and python...  ???

bruceme

Re: DigiX NRF mesh-web server
« Reply #1 on: March 15, 2014, 08:02:35 pm »
Not getting much feedback or finding much. [second edit snip: I was a bit frustrated until I realized, this is an arduino due on mega steroids.  Some day it could easily host apache or some heavy web server hosting, but for now responding to HTTP GET is all I actually need.]

Here's the arduino tutorials on web server.

http://arduino.cc/en/Tutorial/WebServer

As an aside, This is an interesting project to integrate nrf24l01 with raspberry pi b.

http://gizmosnack.blogspot.com/2013/05/raspberry-pi-nrf24l01-and-tcp.html
« Last Edit: March 16, 2014, 02:27:23 am by bruceme »

asc3nti0n

« Reply #2 on: March 29, 2014, 03:12:18 am »
Hey,  Am working from an electrical technician background, and interested in if you got that fleet of NRF armed sparks chatting away?  Looking to do home automation with them also.

TimO

« Reply #3 on: April 10, 2014, 04:09:22 am »
I'm planning on doing something similar to this, but haven't managed to have the time to get to grips with the nRF24L01s yet.  I've got a variety of them now, the DigiX ones, some very cheap eBay chinese clones, and Sparkfun boards.

It would be very nice to be able to check on things like the cat flap remotely, and power devices on and off.  I was planning on using some solid-state relays to power things, and a very simple unisolated power supply for the digital circuitry, so wireless control is good, since I don't like the idea of things going wrong and 240V appearing on a push-button!

Are you going to use a transformer to power your devices, or do you have something else in mind?