Author Topic: WiFi Libraries  (Read 13486 times)

danowar

WiFi Libraries
« on: December 27, 2013, 04:40:12 pm »
I have been playing around with the DigiX wifi.  It is all new to me, so I am trying to follow some online tutorials.  Due to differences in the Arduino WiFi Library and the DigiFi Library, the approaches differ.  I have mostly been able adjust the code for use with DigiFi, but I have a few questions before I start doing some more advanced Web Server stuff.

Does, or can you make, the DigiX wifi work with the Arduino WiFi libraries?
If not, if there plans to add more functionality to the DigiFi libraries?

What sparked these questions is I am working on some web server stuff that will require the DigiX to read the HTTP requests from the client, and the support for this in the DigiFi library seems limited.  I have been able to read the entire requests sometimes, but it seems hit or miss.  I am probably doing something wrong, but with the limited information on the DigiFi library, it is hard to debug.

Thanks in advance.

digistump

• Administrator
Re: WiFi Libraries
« Reply #1 on: December 28, 2013, 01:06:48 am »
I have some additions to the wifi library nearly complete that add compatibility (more or less) with the standard Arduino Ethernet/WiFi libraries - there are a few small differences but examples of using the Ethernet compatible commands for both clients and servers (and UDP/NTP) are included.

I've been trying to get them released the last few days - but realistically it might be a few more yet - I'll try to at least do a partial release tonight

kevin

« Reply #2 on: December 28, 2013, 03:23:12 am »
Excellent, I'm eagerly awaiting the new wifi lib to use with MQTT.  If you want any early testing or anything like that then I'm happy to help - or just feel free to publish it not-yet-finished into a branch on GitHub or something like that?

danowar

« Reply #3 on: December 28, 2013, 05:03:12 am »
Great news, you guys never disappoint!

K1HOP

« Reply #4 on: December 29, 2013, 04:39:51 pm »
Also looking forward to this enhanced info.  Meanwhile, can anyone tell me how I can obtain the "environment info" one would normally obtain through CGI when receiving an HTTP request?  At a minimum, how do I obtain the IP of the requesting client when DigiX is acting as a server?  Thanks... Russ

kevin

« Reply #5 on: January 01, 2014, 03:51:30 pm »
I can't see a way to do that in the datasheet; the wifi link presents as a serial interface, which you configure via AT commands and then you send/receive to Serial1 and it pops out of the other end of the TCP connection.

digistump

• Administrator
« Reply #6 on: January 05, 2014, 02:10:27 am »
Much improved DigiFi with lots of examples: https://github.com/digistump/DigiFi - full release soon, no support will be provided for this until then (hint only copy the examples folder and DigiFi.h and DigiFi.cpp - the for core files are already installed if you have installed the addons)

digistump

• Administrator
« Reply #7 on: January 05, 2014, 02:58:13 am »