Author Topic: DigiX and DigiSpark in the same Arduino IDE?  (Read 4027 times)

TheChrisPratt

DigiX and DigiSpark in the same Arduino IDE?
« on: December 22, 2013, 01:03:37 am »
Is it possible to install the DigiSpark support into the Arduino application that is set up for the DigiX?  I'd like to use the newer improvements (and a single interface) with both devices, but I haven't been able to get the DigiSpark options to show up in my DigiX Arduino IDE.  Thanks for your great products.
  (*Chris*)

digistump

• Administrator
Re: DigiX and DigiSpark in the same Arduino IDE?
« Reply #1 on: December 22, 2013, 01:18:22 am »
I'm actually working on the combined release (plus lots of improvements to the digix wifi library) right now - stay tuned!

defragster

« Reply #2 on: December 22, 2013, 02:37:31 am »
+1 Chris - that thought is ever more present now that I have Digix too!  This USB connect is one challenge without the two IDE's.

Erik knows and it is good to see he's working it out.  With the 1.5 IDE in Beta at 1.5.5 - it has been a moving target for months and a few point.point releases.

I thought I'd try a fresh machine - DOH it is Win 8 32 bit and I found no supported drivers, though the DevMan nicely shows the device name.

TheChrisPratt

« Reply #3 on: January 10, 2014, 02:01:07 pm »
Any word on this?  I've been checking the site frequently, but haven't seen any announcements and the link from the DigiSpark wiki hasn't changed.  ETA, possibly?
  (*Chris*)

digistump

• Administrator
« Reply #4 on: January 11, 2014, 01:13:35 am »
No ETA - due to my day job being a bit unpredictable right now - but I am still working on it, the newest DigiX release being a major step towards it. I have almost finished the new installer, and just have some things to fix in moving Digispark stuff over to 1.5.x - a week or so I hope, if not feel free to remind me again to move it up my list!

TheChrisPratt

« Reply #5 on: April 26, 2014, 09:53:12 pm »
It's been a while since my last check-in, and with the announcement of a third board, I'm wondering what the time-frame looks like to have a combined DigiX/DigiSpark/DigiSparkPro version of Arduino?
  (*Chris*)

digistump

• Administrator
« Reply #6 on: April 29, 2014, 04:03:50 pm »
This is still very much in progress - it took some work to build a custom version of 1.5 that could work with third party boards as it is supposed to - and then ensure we can keep that tracked to the 1.5.x development - it will be released with the Pro Betas in a few weeks, and improved even more for the full release of the Pro later this summer

TheChrisPratt

« Reply #7 on: April 29, 2014, 09:42:31 pm »
Thanks for the update.  I have a handful of DigiSpark's and a DigiX and will soon have a DigiSpark Pro, so it will be nice to be able to use a single IDE to program them all.
  (*Chris*)