Author Topic: DigiX Pinout documentation  (Read 45037 times)

kd7eir

Re: DigiX Pinout documentation
« Reply #45 on: June 10, 2014, 08:48:49 am »
This is like Christmas in June. Thank you for tirelessly keeping this alive.

due_fan

« Reply #46 on: June 20, 2014, 03:08:06 am »
I have to create now a login to give my opinion here.
First, the file in the wiki is not updated often. Put it into the wiki, and let the forum stay!
in the forum i can easy download without login, that is better. The pinout is from times to times more confusing. Way too much on one side. Throw out half or distribute it on three or four paper.
Compared with the clear pinout of the DUE from Greynomad yours is much to much overloaded!

gogol

« Reply #47 on: June 20, 2014, 05:20:39 am »
Thanks for your feedback,  even when I can't follow your thoughts.

First:  I put the PDF intentionally only in the wiki, to offer it only to people, who will at least create an account. I realize first now, that currently the PDF is linked from there. The only thing I did time by time, was updating a preview JPEG.
You are now the first -from I have to admit very few users giving feedback at all- , who complains, that the document is overloaded.  I print it myself on a A3-sized paper, which gives me all I need to know for the digix on one page.
Usually there are some other papers around, telling me details of sensors or used libraries, so I like to have so much as possible on one page/paper.

Compared to the DUE, I have omited the physical pin numbers, as I don't see any benefit from this information. I added however all additional functions, the pins can have.  As the DigiX has a row more pins, eeprom, SD-Slot, WLAN,  nrF,  solder-jumpers for customzing, ...  there is much more, which needs to be written down.

May I ask you, to be more constructive, and tell me, which information may be to much?  What can be removed from your opinion?

Feel free, to create a lightweight version of it or a multipage version.

What is the opinion of other users?

rholt

« Reply #48 on: July 15, 2014, 07:07:43 am »
Well, it has taken me too long to go out here and read through this thread all the way through. First of all, as far as feedback on this document - I have referenced it (me being a VERY new person to all this) DOZENS of times, and, as i work in my home-office as well as another room in my house (which I have taken over 'cause i have a loving wife who let's me do such things) I just want you to know that i have this document printed in full color and full page hanging up on the walls in both rooms, another copy as my 1st page in my 3-ring binder and another copy in my office @ work. Yes, the document is busy, but three things:
1) If I'm looking for something specific - it WILL be on this document and usually a relatively quick eye-scan will find it. <-- to have that all in one place is invaluable to me.
2) Almost EVERY TIME I do look @ this document, I find either something new, or something will go "click" in my head 'cause i've gotten a better understanding of what I'm working on... or
3) I'll see something that I had read about before & didn't understand what they were referring to, and NOW I have a better reference tool for furthering my education and capabilities on this system.

So - thanks for all you work on gogol's document. I believe that it, along with this thread, if kept alive, can have significant value in bringing on improvements to the product down the road.

Russ in Coral Springs.

gogol

« Reply #49 on: July 15, 2014, 08:34:38 am »
Thanks for your feedback. Its helpful getting information from people using this documentation. And like in all open projects, feedback from users (negative and positive) is very significant, as that shows acknowledgment for the work, and gives directions for further development.
I really would like to hear from other users about their impression, if they agree more to due_fan or to you.

gogol

« Reply #50 on: July 24, 2014, 12:15:07 am »
Please look at the thread DigiX pin 90, 91 conflict .
This is a serious one, which need to be discussed. 

kd7eir

« Reply #51 on: September 13, 2014, 12:41:01 pm »
Do you have a version without the URL's sprinkled throughout the image? I want to have several printed copies, but the URL's are just a distraction and wasted ink in a printed version.

gogol

« Reply #52 on: September 14, 2014, 11:57:38 pm »
Which URLs do you mean? The two inside the board (reference to the atsam3x8e and eeprom) or all urls in the text around?
I can imagine, that it is easy, moving the two urls to some free space around (left to the IOREF pin)
The other solution could be a checkbox, that will trigger all remarks to invisible. However that may need some more time, I don't have currently.

kd7eir

« Reply #53 on: September 15, 2014, 08:44:13 am »
No need to make any changes - I was just wondering if you had a copy of the pdf available without the url's added. I can learn to accept them...

defragster

« Reply #54 on: March 04, 2015, 03:59:36 am »
Seems I liked this before - but good work on the diagram @gogol.  I just went to the Wiki and looked at the PDF - it shows with weird markup - shaded areas all over.  So I went into Acrobat and saved it as a PNG and they go away, so I put it on the Wiki page as a click option.  The view of it is huge.  If it gets updated and you want a fresh PNG made let me know.