The DigiX > DigiX Support

DigiX Pinout documentation

(1/11) > >>

gogol:
[Rewritten 2014-05-26]

This thread was started to collect all available information about the DigiX and its pins as a consolidated reference.
The current status of this document is still considered beta.

The most current version is always linked to this initial post.

I ask all users of this documentation to give feedback in this thread:

* Are there informations missing?
* Is something mistakable?
* Is something wrong?
* Other possible improvements?
See also the  table in the Wiki!

[2014-06-10  Version 0.99 added!]

gogol:
Some more points:

* Which pins are routed to the SD-card
* Description of all prepared solder-bridges on the back-side
* The Due has an 4 port debug connector and an small 2x5 port JTAG
the digix seems to have only the JTAG, but labeled DEBUG. What are the differences?

MichaelMeissner:
Some time ago, I decided to make a google docs spreadsheet  that listed all of the pin functionality of various microprocessors.  Over time, I have added the Arduino Uno R3, Teensy 3.0/3.1,  Leonardo, Mega 2560, Due, DigiX, Trinket, Gemma, Digispark, raw ATtiny85, Flora, Lilypad, and Yun/Tre (only the Arduino type pins).  Many of the processors I don't own, and I was just going off the spec sheets.  https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/ccc?key=0AqMAmYxHItUAdDdlcURnY1NRRlFfLWdIbkdWamxfckE#gid=1

gogol:
Hello Michael,

thanks for your link. I have pulled over the following information into my table:

* digiX-pin  4: SD card sl
* digiX-pin  9: IRDA TX
* digiX-pin 51: Mesh IRQ
* digiX-pin 104: Wifi flow control
* digiX-pin :105 Wifi flow control
However your list raises several questions:

* digiX-pin 72/73: LED  The digix hast no TX/RX LED as the DUE, instead those lines are pulled out to digix-Pin 108/109
that can cause some problems with DUE programs using those LEDs for some other purposes
* IRDA TX
you are mentioning IRDA TX however no IRDA RX
* WiFi Flow-Control:
Which line is RTS / CTS ?
* PIN count
your overview shows 35 more pins for the digiX as for the DUE.
However the digix has only 26+8 = 34 pins more, when I count the pins around plus the mesh-network socket
There are however more differences:
The DUE has an 2x5 JTAG and a 4 pin DEBUG, the DIGIX only the 5x2 pin socket.
The DUE has furthermore an ICSP for the 16u2 and four more pins to that controller,
those should be mentioned, when comparing both
Comparing and backward reference are not possible from your table, as you have not included the original PIN-names from the ATMEL controller, where related.

I am thinking about, that I will drop the physical pin numbers (at least for the graphical diagram), as the original PIN Names are the only reference, which is the same over different packages of the controller.

MichaelMeissner:

--- Quote from: gogol on December 17, 2013, 12:43:39 am ---Hello Michael,

thanks for your link. I have pulled over the following information into my table:

--- End quote ---

Note, some of the things in that table are guesses, since there were no detailed wikis or pinout diagrams for DigiX.  I am one of the people who is still waiting for the delivery of DigiX and level shifter.  I don't have a Due either, so that is also just from reading the specs page.  Obviously if there are things wrong, let me know, and I will fix my spreadsheet.

--- Quote from: gogol on December 17, 2013, 12:43:39 am ---However your list raises several questions:

digiX-pin 72/73: LED  The digix hast no TX/RX LED as the DUE, instead those lines are pulled out to digix-Pin 108/109
that can cause some problems with DUE programs using those LEDs for some other purposes

--- End quote ---

Thanks.  I updated my spreadsheet.

--- Quote from: gogol on December 17, 2013, 12:43:39 am ---IRDA TX
you are mentioning IRDA TX however no IRDA RX

--- End quote ---

The IRDA TX is the pin used by the IRremote library for transmitting IR flashes for an IR remote device.  On each of the AVR microprocessors, which pin is used depends on which timer is used internally on the chip.  I don't see any support for IRremote in the source for any ARM processor, so I'm going to remove the IRDA fields for the Due, DigiX, and Teensy 3.0/3.1 processors.  These tables grew up as a way for me to make pin assignments to code that ran on the Uno and Teensy 3.0, so if I wanted to do PWM for instance, I knew which pins to use, and which had special interactions.

--- Quote from: gogol on December 17, 2013, 12:43:39 am ---WiFi Flow-Control:
Which line is RTS / CTS ?

--- End quote ---

I don't know.

--- Quote from: gogol on December 17, 2013, 12:43:39 am ---PIN count
your overview shows 35 more pins for the digiX as for the DUE.
However the digix has only 26+8 = 34 pins more, when I count the pins around plus the mesh-network socket

--- End quote ---

I probably miscounted the number of pins when I was looking at the JPG of the front/back.

I do wish the digistump folk had a detailed JPG image of the front/back of the board, complete with all pin documentation on the image like some of their competitors have done.  Hopefully your work and mine can help other folks.

--- Quote from: gogol on December 17, 2013, 12:43:39 am ---There are however more differences:
The DUE has an 2x5 JTAG and a 4 pin DEBUG, the DIGIX only the 5x2 pin socket.
The DUE has furthermore an ICSP for the 16u2 and four more pins to that controller,
those should be mentioned, when comparing both[/li][/list]

--- End quote ---

Thanks.

--- Quote from: gogol on December 17, 2013, 12:43:39 am ---Comparing and backward reference are not possible from your table, as you have not included the original PIN-names from the ATMEL controller, where related.

I am thinking about, that I will drop the physical pin numbers (at least for the graphical diagram), as the original PIN Names are the only reference, which is the same over different packages of the controller.

--- End quote ---
As I said, my table grew out of wanting to make pin assignments at the Arduino library level, so I didn't use the names from the datasheets.  Except for the ATtiny85 chips, I haven't read the datasheets.  Originally I had more microprocessors on each page, but it became too wide, and I split them into groups.[/list]

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version