Author Topic: Digispark libraries out-of-date  (Read 3648 times)

pvallone

Digispark libraries out-of-date
« on: October 06, 2013, 08:04:50 am »
Hi,

When compiling a sketch with the board set to Arduino uno, my sketch compiles fine. When I switch the board to Digispark (Tiny) I get a compile error in the Digispark core library

Code: [Select]

In file included from LCDSerialDisplayShiftTest.ino:1:
/Users/me/Documents/DigisparkArduino/DigisparkArduino.app/Contents/Resources/Java/libraries/Arduino_Wire/Wire.h:61: error: conflicting return type specified for 'virtual size_t TwoWire::write(const uint8_t*, size_t)'
/Users/me/Documents/DigisparkArduino/DigisparkArduino.app/Contents/Resources/Java/hardware/digispark/cores/tiny/Print.h:75: error:   overriding 'virtual void Print::write(const uint8_t*, size_t)'

After some googling I find out Print now returns size_t. Simply changing the return type of Print from a void to size_t doesnt work as it causes a slew of compile errors in other files. Any ideas how to fix this?

digistump

• Administrator
Re: Digispark libraries out-of-date
« Reply #1 on: October 06, 2013, 10:37:48 pm »
The wire library doesn't work with the Digispark - the Digispark uses the included TinyWireM library (several posts around here about converting over to it) - I imagine that will solve your problem

as for the change in print - I'll check into that and update it for the next release if necessary - thanks for the heads up.