Author Topic: Signed Driver  (Read 26113 times)

Durandal

Re: Signed Driver
« Reply #15 on: December 05, 2013, 10:14:27 pm »
I'm still running into an issue on Win8 64bit. When I do the simple install, it tells me that there was an issue, and leaves it at that. If I open up the security catalog file, it tells me the signature is invalid. Advanced driver install (going into manage devices, and install driver from disk) tells me that I have an invalid security hash.

I'm using the latest version of the add-ons zip, v06.

EDIT: Tried again with v05, just in case. Still no dice. I'll try disabling Win8 signing tomorrow.
« Last Edit: December 05, 2013, 10:24:31 pm by Durandal »

Stefbar

« Reply #16 on: December 06, 2013, 11:23:57 am »
@pfeerick: I have the issue with the changing COM port on my Windows 7 desktop.
I installed the driver as mentioned in the Wiki " getting started" but some time the DigiX is not recognized and some other is changing the COM port when I download a sketch or when it is finish with download and it reset the CPU. I have to reset the board with the reset button more time and maybe it is then working.
Another problem that I have, is that I'm using a USB wireless adapter for my desktop and when I connect the DigiX the adapter disappear and I don't have wifi anymore!!
It is probably a question of power on the USB ports?
Thanks for any ideas/help.

Stefano

Durandal

« Reply #17 on: December 08, 2013, 04:34:35 pm »
Turning off signed driver verification worked perfectly for Windows 8 64-bit. For some reason, my DigiX was still registering as an Arduino Due until I flashed a new sketch to it. Once I pushed the sketch, it re-registered as a Digistump DigiX, and showed up on different ports. The changing ports thing might have been confusing if I wasn't watching my device monitor already.

Seems to be working just fine now.

digistump

• Administrator
« Reply #18 on: December 08, 2013, 10:01:24 pm »
I installed the driver as mentioned in the Wiki " getting started" but some time the DigiX is not recognized and some other is changing the COM port when I download a sketch or when it is finish with download and it reset the CPU. I have to reset the board with the reset button more time and maybe it is then working.
Another problem that I have, is that I'm using a USB wireless adapter for my desktop and when I connect the DigiX the adapter disappear and I don't have wifi anymore!!

Stefano

Stefano -

for the first issue make sure you have also installed the Arduino Due/Atmel drivers that come with Arduino 1.5.x

COM port changes explained here: http://digistump.com/board/index.php/topic,1199.msg5236/topicseen.html#msg5236

Last issues with other USB devices disconnecting is probably power related - you can try pulling the blue WiFi enable jumper on the DigiX to turn off wifi and lower power consumption - or use a powered hub.

N3rdle

« Reply #19 on: December 08, 2013, 10:20:37 pm »
Just FYI for anyone that might be struggling with this:

on Windows 8.1 64 bit, i had to BOTH disable signed driver enforcement THEN select the odd device in device manager that it didn't know what to do with and forcibly use the DigiX driver for it.  THEN, and ONLY THEN, did things work acceptably for me.

hopefully this points someone who might be struggling in the right direction.

Peter

Durandal

« Reply #20 on: December 08, 2013, 10:45:43 pm »
@N3rdle did you try pushing a sketch to the DigiX before forcing the DigiX drivers? For me, when I set the Arduino IDE to DigiX and set the port, then pushed a sketch, the "Arduino Due" disconnected and reconnected as a DigiX. It did shift around my COM ports, though.

Glad there's a resolution, but it will be nice when the drivers are properly signed and we don't have to jump through these hoops on Win8.x.

N3rdle

« Reply #21 on: December 08, 2013, 11:45:59 pm »
yessir, i did attempt to push prior to having to go through that hoop jump to get the driver bound.  ultimately, it's pretty stable once done.  yes, i'm burning COM port interfaces, but they can also be removed from the OS with another bit of hoop jumping ;)

Stefbar

« Reply #22 on: December 09, 2013, 07:30:09 am »

Stefano

Stefano -

for the first issue make sure you have also installed the Arduino Due/Atmel drivers that come with Arduino 1.5.x

COM port changes explained here: http://digistump.com/board/index.php/topic,1199.msg5236/topicseen.html#msg5236

Last issues with other USB devices disconnecting is probably power related - you can try pulling the blue WiFi enable jumper on the DigiX to turn off wifi and lower power consumption - or use a powered hub.

Many thanks for the help: it's now working!!
I didn't download the last version of the Arduino IDE (I was using 1.5.4) with the drivers  :( After installing version 1.5.5 and the drivers all worked fine. During compiling and downloading the sketches the port change between to COM ports but then it is working fine.
The second issue was probably due to a power problem because of the usage of an extension USB cable: connecting the DigiX with a short cable solved the problem (without turning off the wifi module).

defragster

« Reply #23 on: December 26, 2013, 10:52:02 pm »
DigiX Success on my 10.1" 32 bit Win 8.1 tablet.

> Disable Unsigned drivers { Win8.1 Windows 8. Windows8.1 } following these steps (similar to above with pics if link works):
> http://revryl.com/2013/08/06/install-unsigned-drivers/

I did that and hit 3 other AVR boards to get the 1.5.5 drivers installed - then downloaded DigiX and connected and it installed.  Uploaded BLINK and examples\04.communication\ASCIITable and the serial monitor showed my ASCII.

gparvind

« Reply #24 on: January 10, 2014, 06:11:35 am »
disabling unsigned driver check in windows 8.1 worked for me. Driver installed with warning.

merlin2049er

« Reply #25 on: May 23, 2014, 01:49:50 pm »
Yippee, I got it installed.

gogol

« Reply #26 on: July 06, 2014, 10:49:01 am »
We're actually looking at signing them for real with a paid signing cert - but that is for the production run release - for beta, if it works then we won't spend more time on it.

Is there a schedule available, when that driver might be available?

dfarrell

« Reply #27 on: July 30, 2014, 05:29:17 pm »
I just use the Due drivers, to many headaches otherwise.