Author Topic: What are pins 100-113?  (Read 2492 times)

MichaelMeissner

What are pins 100-113?
« on: September 07, 2013, 09:31:21 am »
I imagine all will be documented eventually, and when I get my DigiX, I can flip it over to see what the bottom pins are.  However, in the basics tutorial http://digistump.com/wiki/digix/tutorials/basics for digiX, there is mention of alternative pins underneath the pcb.  What are these additional pins?  It looks like 110-113 have 10k pullups and seem to be meant for JTAG, and 104/105 by default are meant for wifi flow control.

I imagine these are solder pads, and don't have have through hole connections.  Is this correct?

digistump

• Administrator
Re: What are pins 100-113?
« Reply #1 on: September 07, 2013, 11:42:01 am »
These are normal pins with a header - the alternative fucntion is jsut on the back - so on the top they are labeled with the pin number on the back they are labeled "WIFI RTS" "WIFI CTS" etc.

The reason the pin numbers go higher than 99 is that we numbered them to avoid conflict with any pins that Arduino folks had already defined for the Due, and have our pin numbers be contiguous, as they used some pin numbers in the 70s and 80s range to assign to pins that aren't broken out but are useable - we've left these definitions in place as well, so some pins can be accessed by two numbers.

MichaelMeissner

Re: What are pins 100-113?
« Reply #2 on: September 07, 2013, 04:49:31 pm »
Thanks.  I was just trying to keep my multi-processor spreadsheet up to date.  I knew you had 99 pins from the KS campaign, and it surprised me that your wiki was mentioning up to 113 pins.